The Student Room Group

British Council Teaching Assistants 2016/2017

Scroll to see replies

I'm interested in doing this in a few years time on my year abroad but I have a question I didn't think it was worth starting a new thread for, so I'll ask in here.

Is there any way that you can try and give yourself an advantage to get placed in a specific area? I'd be doing it in Germany, and during my A levels I went on an exchange to Bavarian Swabia/Allgäu (ie not Munich) so I'd love to try and get placed as close to that area as possible since I'd be near the family that I did my exchange with. Thanks. :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by pizzanomics
I'm interested in doing this in a few years time on my year abroad but I have a question I didn't think it was worth starting a new thread for, so I'll ask in here.

Is there any way that you can try and give yourself an advantage to get placed in a specific area? I'd be doing it in Germany, and during my A levels I went on an exchange to Bavarian Swabia/Allgäu (ie not Munich) so I'd love to try and get placed as close to that area as possible since I'd be near the family that I did my exchange with. Thanks. :smile:

No, not really.

There's space in the application to explain why you want to go to your preferred region(s), but there's nothing specific you can do, and you can't change where they place you.
Original post by Oli-Ol
No, not really.

There's space in the application to explain why you want to go to your preferred region(s), but there's nothing specific you can do, and you can't change where they place you.

Damn, fair enough. I guess I'll just have to hope for the best then. :frown:

Obviously I don't mind where I get put but I would love it if I could end up where I want, especially since it's not Berlin/Hamburg/Munich, but I guess everyone probably feels like that haha.
Reply 143
does anyone know if there is/will be a FB group set up for next year? Actually getting so excited now, booking my flights this week!
Reply 144
Is anyone slightly worried about accommodation? I've been allocated Versailles and have been looking at flats and apartments to rent. They don't seem too bad but I'd prefer a flat-share or preferrably accommodation through the school I'll be teaching at. Does anyone recommend good sites to go through for rentals/possible flat mates?
Reply 145
Original post by CGSW
does anyone know if there is/will be a FB group set up for next year? Actually getting so excited now, booking my flights this week!

There's a newly created Facebook group under the name "Language Assistants 2016" which will be good for everyone to get in contact with each other
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by me_
There's a newly created Facebook group under the name "Language Assistants 2016" which will be good for everyone to get in contact with each other

Do you have a link for the group? I found one under the same title but think my request was rejected/didn't go through properly so want to double check I'm looking at the correct one!
Reply 147
Original post by lozenger
Do you have a link for the group? I found one under the same title but think my request was rejected/didn't go through properly so want to double check I'm looking at the correct one!

haha same with me :colondollar:
Reply 148
Here is the link! Apologies if it doesn't work!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/528749423964879/
(edited 7 years ago)
i made one for language assistants in Spain cos I could only find the 2015-16 one

https://www.facebook.com/groups/103377416759432/
Reply 150
Original post by coupecake
i made one for language assistants in Spain cos I could only find the 2015-16 one

https://www.facebook.com/groups/103377416759432/

4 people :colondollar:
Has anyone thought about China?
Original post by Penguins101
Anyone else currently in the matching process with Canada? :smile:

Hello! Did you go to Canada? I've just applied for 2017/18
Any tips on what to do/what not to do in order to get outre-mer?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending