The Student Room Group

OCR A2 Biology F214/F215 Resources Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by RedDevil1997
From the photosynthesis answers, what is an answer of a membrane bound protein and its function?

ATP synthase - synthesises ATP when protons flow through

Photosystems - harvest light energy from the sun and convert it into chemical energy

Etc

Posted from TSR Mobile
@kingaaran hey, will the respiration answers be uploaded soon today? 🙂
Original post by Melissa763
@kingaaran hey, will the respiration answers be uploaded soon today? 🙂

Yep :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
For photosynthesis question 4a why does the time increase as the light intensity increases, I thought that the time got shorter 132s to 96s to 62s etc.
I'm confused lol, great resources!! :smile:
Original post by kingaaran
X

Thanks for all your work!

How long do you think for the respiration answers btw?
Original post by popo111
Thanks for all your work!

How long do you think for the respiration answers btw?

Give me an hour and a bit - just got home and need to sort stuff out first :smile:
Give me an hour and a bit - just got home and need to sort stuff out first :smile:

That's completely fine!

Btw for the photosynthesis question about the experiment with plant discs rising, surely they rise due to release of oxygen? And release of oxygen is only from photolysis of water, but in the question about the time taken to rise as light intensity increases, you didn't mention that, rather mentioned about ATP and reduced NADP, which aren't really involved are they?
Original post by popo111
That's completely fine!

Btw for the photosynthesis question about the experiment with plant discs rising, surely they rise due to release of oxygen? And release of oxygen is only from photolysis of water, but in the question about the time taken to rise as light intensity increases, you didn't mention that, rather mentioned about ATP and reduced NADP, which aren't really involved are they?

Yes - but the rise in the discs is proportional to the rate of photosynthesis - which the question is wanting you to address: I guess you're right
Yes - but the rise in the discs is proportional to the rate of photosynthesis - which the question is wanting you to address: I guess you're right

Fair enough then, but for the rate of photosynthesis, could you not say that the rate of photolysis of water increases, thus rate at which discs rise increases?

I'm wasn't sure so I wanted to query it!
Original post by popo111
Fair enough then, but for the rate of photosynthesis, could you not say that the rate of photolysis of water increases, thus rate at which discs rise increases?

I'm wasn't sure so I wanted to query it!

Definitely a possible marking point that I missed out
@kingaaran sorry to be a nuisance but how long till the respiration answers? 😩😭
Reply 51
Original post by katiemckkk
For photosynthesis question 4a why does the time increase as the light intensity increases, I thought that the time got shorter 132s to 96s to 62s etc.

Same lol :s-smilie:
Original post by AqsaMx

haha glad its not just me, think my brain is turning to mush!!
Respiration questions added :smile:

Some of these were pretty hard 😭 Will the answers be up tonight?
Original post by RedDevil1997
Some of these were pretty hard 😭 Will the answers be up tonight?

Original post by Melissa763
@kingaaran sorry to be a nuisance but how long till the respiration answers? 😩😭

uploaded

Original post by AqsaMx

haha glad its not just me, think my brain is turning to mush!!

it doesn't - at 200 lux, it is 132s, 400 lux, it is 96s, 600 lux it is 62s - as lux (light intensity) increases, time is decreasing.
it doesn't - at 200 lux, it is 132s, 400 lux, it is 96s, 600 lux it is 62s - as lux (light intensity) increases, time is decreasing.

Don't really understand where people are getting the idea that time was increasing with increasing light intensity... XD
Original post by Don Pedro K.
Don't really understand where people are getting the idea that time was increasing with increasing light intensity... XD

idk - log back on Skype, we can test each other!
idk - log back on Skype, we can test each other!

Nah sorry I just came off a skype session with my friend :smile: I'm just going to answer your photosynthesis questions for now.
Original post by Don Pedro K.

I didn't get the idea that it was increasing, the mark scheme said that it was increasing but my point was the data shows it is decreasing... :smile:

Quick Reply