The Student Room Group

Edexcel S1 - 15th June, 2016 [Exam Discussion]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by imran_
ill need 80% for AS, my s1 grade would have let me down

You can get a C at AS and still get an A*. You don't need 80% in AS, you need 80% OVERALL, so if you were to get your 90 UMS in C3 and C4 next year as long as all of your 6 modules add up to 80% UMS you will get an A*. And that's given that you got an average of 90 UMS over two papers already. You're fine mate
Original post by -Bex-
You can get a C at AS and still get an A*. You don't need 80% in AS, you need 80% OVERALL, so if you were to get your 90 UMS in C3 and C4 next year as long as all of your 6 modules add up to 80% UMS you will get an A*. And that's given that you got an average of 90 UMS over two papers already. You're fine mate

You also have to get 180 UMS over C3 and C4 to get an A*
Original post by 4nonymous
You also have to get 180 UMS over C3 and C4 to get an A*

That's what i said lol
Original post by -Bex-
That's what i said lol

oh yes lol I misread it. Thanks :P
I agree; although I feel that EdExcel are increasing the difficulty of examinations under pressure from the DfE to increase calibre of the A-Level. They can't increase the course's difficulty until Sept 2017, so I am guessing they are reflecting the need for increase of calibre in the exams.Not fair!!! Are students being tested on what they can't do, rather than what they can do??Let's hope that Edexcel see sense and lower the boundaries.
Reply 1605
Anyone got the questions?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anyone got mark scheme / model answers?
What ums u think I can get for this year's S1 if I get 64/75?
Original post by NoahMal
Question 1

Spoiler

Question 2

Spoiler

Question 3

Spoiler

Question 4

Spoiler

Question 5

Spoiler

Question 6

Spoiler

for question 3, i tried using the Sum of ( x -xbar) square, to get the Sxx Syy Sxy value that has increase, and take those value put it in the PMCC equation and get 1, so i said it remain the same... idk what i've done and why i've done it but it make sense in my head
For Q5b where they asked you to use interpolation to work out the median, I worked out the 25.5th value instead of the 25th. Will that be accepted in the mark scheme?
Original post by Janifa
For Q5b where they asked you to use interpolation to work out the median, I worked out the 25.5th value instead of the 25th. Will that be accepted in the mark scheme?

yes, i did that too
Do some of you realise that grade boundaries are calculated based on exam performance of every candidate lol. Saying "they should lower the grade boundaries because it was hard" is exactly what they do when results reflect this, because on average people get lower results. Did you people think they just randomly assigned grade boundaries before lol?

I expected better from mathematicians smh.
Original post by -Bex-
Do some of you realise that grade boundaries are calculated based on exam performance of every candidate lol. Saying "they should lower the grade boundaries because it was hard" is exactly what they do when results reflect this, because on average people get lower results. Did you people think they just randomly assigned grade boundaries before lol?

I expected better from mathematicians smh.

You've got to admire people trying to work out their A-level results 2 months before results day, though!
Original post by SeanFM
You've got to admire people trying to work out their A-level results 2 months before results day, though!

Yeah like you pretty much can if you remember all your answers :smile:) I do that :wink: It's just people saying "omg have mercy lower the boundaries" and genuinely thinking that a special effort will go into lowering the boundaries like pls stahp that's not how any of this works
Original post by -Bex-
Yeah like you pretty much can if you remember all your answers :smile:) I do that :wink: It's just people saying "omg have mercy lower the boundaries" and genuinely thinking that a special effort will go into lowering the boundaries like pls stahp that's not how any of this works

I like it, you have a good, rational way of thinking like true mathematicians :tongue: though I wouldn't know anything about that :rolleyes: but to be fair, the stress of like exams and stuff drives people crazy and tries to get them to predict grade boundaries and count their marks and stuff when it's like, just focus on your other exams or enjoying your summer, ya know? :s-smilie:
What was question 3a? I can't remember at all :frown:
Original post by AmarPatel98
Madting

1v1 rust big man

I haven't played the rust map since cod 5 m8
Here's the link to the unofficial mark scheme thread: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4166653

Original post by studentsixth
What was question 3a? I can't remember at all
Original post by T17MA
Unofficial markscheme with marks? Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by QuantumStuff
Do we have an unofficial markscheme yet?
Original post by alesha98
+1
Original post by leestitt
I havent but really want to see it!
Original post by LukeB98
Concurrence please. Is there an official unofficial mark scheme?
Original post by metrize
Anyone got the paper yet?
Original post by jasmine9876
how many marks was the very last question and the part where it asks you to use your answer to part b c and d to? Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by george1999
Is there an unofficial mark scheme, with the marks allocated for each question anywhere?
Original post by Student7th
Does anyone have the paper? If so can you post qu 2? Thanks
Original post by 4nonymous
Unofficial mark scheme?
I've got two questions. For the probability to win the game if I drew up a table of all the possible outcomes and got the answer to part i correct would I get 3 or 4 marks out of 4? I was checking my answers and realised I inputted the values into my calculator wrong but I was running out of time so I did 1-part i sigh for part ii. Second question is for the pmcc one I put r decreases because Sxy increases how many marks would I get? I'm not sure if that's a good enough reason.
Original post by blankboi
how do you do the very last venn diagram question? it asked how many had dinner so i just did 77 * the probability of the dinner section and ended up getting decimal numbers

you dont

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending