The Student Room Group

UNOFFICIAL MARKSCHEME Edexcel Maths Calculator paper 09/06/2016

Scroll to see replies

By the ways, the reason why people got 80.4 degrees and 80.1 degrees if because if you rounded the length of BC (after using the half x ab x sin c equation), you'll get 80.1 as an answer whereas if you did not round at all, you would get 80.4 degrees. I'm safe to say both answers are right.
I got 60 in paper 1 and 74-77 in paper 2 do u guys reckon that an A ???
Original post by Waveyalex

Did you count your marks with method marks for questions you got wrong?
Original post by Rajive
Did you count your marks with method marks for questions you got wrong?

Even tho I acc may have got some of the method marks ones I didn't count them in.
I got 60 in paper 1 and 74-77 in paper 2 what grade ???
I got 60 in paper 1 and 74-77 in paper 2 what grade ???

Borderline A/B, it will be close.
Original post by DrPeter
Borderline A/B, it will be close.

Overall what do you reckon it will be ?
Overall what do you reckon it will be ?

Nothing is guaranteed. I thought it was a very fair paper but if I HAD to make a decision ( and assuming you have more method marks that you have not counted) I would think an "A".
Original post by DrPeter
Nothing is guaranteed. I thought it was a very fair paper but if I HAD to make a decision ( and assuming you have more method marks that you have not counted) I would think an "A".

What do you think the grade A boundary will be based on last year being 125 and 2014-133
Does anyone know if I will get the full 6 marks for 80.1 for the last question? Most people wrote 80.4 now i think i wont get it ;[
When I worked out the difference between them it was 1.872 difference for the 3.8 and for 3.7 the difference was 1.847, so surely 3.7 is closer??
Original post by mathsispoolol
When I worked out the difference between them it was 1.872 difference for the 3.8 and for 3.7 the difference was 1.847, so surely 3.7 is closer??

thats not how you do trial and improvement

3.8 is closer

solution of x is not 3.75 because 3.75 is too small for x, so its after 3.75 which rounds to 3.8
Original post by sehrishnaveed12
i dont know why i have a feeling the grade boundaries are going to be lower because of the first non-calulator paper. i feel i did a lot better in the calculator paper but im not sure if it was enough to get an A. i really dont want a B but i just dont know. i think it may be around 115-120/200. (hopefully).:smile:

You definitely got a B

A will be like 135, 130-140

These were the easiest papers I have seen in the recent years.
But.. i made those stupid mistakes :/

Very high B or low A. Most likely low A if the marks you said are right
Original post by pinkgrapefruitj
What will be the grade boundaries for a B? I know last year it was 95, will it be higher?

95-100 I think (or 90-105)

It depends on A grade boundary and C grade.

B is in the middle of them
Original post by ScrewTheExams
You definitely got a B

A will be like 135, 130-140

These were the easiest papers I have seen in the recent years.
But.. i made those stupid mistakes :/

A grade A in 2014 was 133 and there exam was easier than this years or what do you think ?
When will proper mark scheme be available?
Reply 2317
Original post by rapthingsaviour
When will proper mark scheme be available?

to teachers after results day. to you august 2017.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2318
Original post by ad4m
to teachers after results day. to you august 2017.

Posted from TSR Mobile

sorry, may/june 2017 to you

Posted from TSR Mobile
b. Write are one fraction in its simplest for (x/x-1)- (x/x+1)2x/(x+1)(x-1) (3 marks)
If I managed to cross multiply and get 2x but made a small error on the dominator will I still get 1 mark for the correct numerator

Quick Reply

Latest