The Student Room Group

AQA AS Level French Unit 1 - 21st May 2015 (AM)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lamatata
Who do you guys know the breakdown of the exam marks?

*How
Original post by jaseho98
Hey, I got 27/35 for the essay... :/

What were you getting in practice essays/mocks and how did that essay feel compared to them?
Original post by Lamatata
*How

Your teacher should be able to find them
Reply 583
Original post by DodoManiac
I didn't actually sit this exam. I posted because I was bored and procrastinating... I've just finished A Levels, and did A Level French, but with OCR and German with AQA - so I'm familiar with the exam. Last year in German I got 25/35 in the essay (my whole class had surprisingly low scores) but didn't bother remarking as I scraped an A. This year did a bit better but considering remarking for an A*.

148 isn't bad but I can imagine that must be frustrating if you're aiming for an A/A*. One of my classmates in German got a similar mark to you last year, but resat and did VERY well to get an A overall. What are you thinking of doing uni-wise? Getting a B in French probably won't matter much.

Aiming for A*. Im resitting Unit 1. Do you think my teacher can predict me A* from my position?
Original post by SCAR H
Aiming for A*. Im resitting Unit 1. Do you think my teacher can predict me A* from my position?

I think that's unlikely to be honest. I've heard that teachers often refuse to predict A*s unless you get 90%+ at AS so I wouldn't get your hopes up. Predicted grades aren't massively important though, particularly around A/A*. Obviously it's nice to have high predictions but no one else is really going to care if you're predicted A or A*. Also, with a B at AS, an A prediction would look aspirational whereas an A* might seem farfetched. Just concentrate on smashing it this year!
What were you getting in practice essays/mocks and how did that essay feel compared to them?

mock essays I've been getting 30 of above, never 27!

I requested the poet back and realised that they didn't tick my introduction or conclusion, so that might explain something? idk :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 586
I think that's unlikely to be honest. I've heard that teachers often refuse to predict A*s unless you get 90%+ at AS so I wouldn't get your hopes up. Predicted grades aren't massively important though, particularly around A/A*. Obviously it's nice to have high predictions but no one else is really going to care if you're predicted A or A*. Also, with a B at AS, an A prediction would look aspirational whereas an A* might seem farfetched. Just concentrate on smashing it this year!

What about A?
Reply 587

I requested the poet back and realised that they didn't tick my introduction or conclusion, so that might explain something? idk :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did you get photocopy or original?

How long did it take to arrive?
Original post by SCAR H
Did you get photocopy or original?

How long did it take to arrive?

Hey! It took 1.5 weeks to arrive! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Providing you got a photocopy (not the original script) it's probably worth it. It's a lot of money to risk losing though so make sure you're ok with that possibility.
Original post by SCAR H
What about A?

If you're teacher knows you under performed and you show them you're willing to to work hard, I think an A is reasonable. Just talk to them and see what they say.
Hi I'm retaking AS French in the hope to get a high A/A* in th retake paper to boost my grade to help me achieve my A for a level overall. Just wanted to ask anyone who has been getting consistent A's in their AS essays on the structure of the essay and how to revise/prepare for them as this is my weak point. I've been looking at examiners reports and all of the High A grades have so much content in them I don't think I'd be able to do that in the time given. Also does anybody have access to last years paper and the essay questions and the listening file? Thanks.
And also what's the best way to revise for French for A2? How likely is it to get an A because in my AS for my oral I got 58/60 UMS but for my paper I got 76/110 raw marks.. I think it was 1 mark off a B which was quite shocking as I'd been getting Sound A's in the papers that I practiced. Please can someone offer advice for both A2 oral and paper preparation to get an A? Thanks!!
did anyone sit the A2 exam?
Yeah, I did! How did you find it?
Original post by izziewizz
Yeah, I did! How did you find it?

I hated it:frown: I found it much harder than the past papers, don't know if I'll even get a B, let alone an A:s-smilie: how was it for you?
I thought it was nice, but im only aiming for a C tbf, essay was the best one I've ever seen! some dodgy stuff on it though
Original post by alexmaude
I thought it was nice, but im only aiming for a C tbf, essay was the best one I've ever seen! some dodgy stuff on it though

The fact you aimed for a C explains why you found it nice
Did anyone who sat this paper achieve a grade that was 1ums off their desired grade, which went up after remarking?
does anyone know how many UMS points we needed in the AS exam to get an A* at A2?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending