The Student Room Group

AQA Chemistry C3 - Unofficial Mark Scheme

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Aamna-
I did well on C1, C2 and my controlled assessment but C3 went pretty badly for me. Is it still possible to get an A* if one of the three exams wasn't as good as the others?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same boat for me. 48/50 on the ISA and C1 and 2 went really well but C3 not so much 😩. In my mock I did really well on C1 and C2 but got like 17/18 on C3 but only was 3 marks off an A* excluding my ISA. I think we should be good.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BDunlop
I did further additional Chemistry unit 3, what was the question on specific heat capacity? For the bond energy one i got +212? Was this the same paper?!

It is the same paper:smile:
Reply 422
Original post by Aamna-
I did well on C1, C2 and my controlled assessment but C3 went pretty badly for me. Is it still possible to get an A* if one of the three exams wasn't as good as the others?

Posted from TSR Mobile

depends on the mark for unit 3 and your other units also what is your isa score?
Original post by ivy_entoile
It is the same paper:smile:

Can you remember the question for the SHC?
Original post by FaithKG
meeeeeeeeee

How is that wrong
Original post by Account user
What is a ISA score of 44, C1: 45 C2:50 and C3:25 going to be?!!!! Anyone please help any predictions will do!! I need an A

These are just predictions:
ISA- around boundary of A/A*
C1- A
C2- V High A/borderline A*
C3- think you might be being too harsh on yourself since you've done incredibly on the others, because this probably is just below a C

If you are being too harsh, then pretty sure it's a solid A, but otherwise for the marks you gave I'm guessing low A
Does anyone remember the question with regards to specific heat capacity? I think it was to do with dodecane and hexane, i remember one was to compare the energy released for the fuel but was there a separate question to work out the S.H.C?
hey idk what exam this question was in but it said why shouldnt other gases from the atmosphere enter and i said about 20 % is oxygen and you dont want this to interfere with the production of ammonia; we only need nitrogen and hydrogen. Thoughts?
Original post by ivy_entoile
These are just predictions:
ISA- around boundary of A/A*
C1- A
C2- V High A/borderline A*
C3- think you might be being too harsh on yourself since you've done incredibly on the others, because this probably is just below a C

If you are being too harsh, then pretty sure it's a solid A, but otherwise for the marks you gave I'm guessing low A

TBH I'm actually being realistic with my C3 mark😐 So let's say I got these marks (after recounting) C1:45 C2:48 and C3:28 it should be an A? Along with the same ISA grade thanks much appreciated!!
For the first question, could you say the calcium carbonate decomposed?
[QUOTE="theone97;65810295"]Nope, it was fluorine - check google if you don't believe me - it's well known google never lies. :-)[/QUOTE
Ok
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Youngey4
I sat the same paper but got a different question. One of the bonds formed was a triple bond between a carbon atom and an oxygen atom. And I got 212J for that question.

I got 212 and the bond question and after that they asked for why it was ENDOTHERMIC right? Everyone in my school got that.
We sat a different paper coz there is 2 specs
Further additional science unit 2, C3( the one i sat)
Chemistry, C3
Btw, what did everyone get for the balancing?? Was ethanol+oxygen making water and ethanoic acid?? Or was this question different as well coz i got 2,3,2?
When I was doing revision I was told you have to put the alkali in the flask, as its too strong of a substance to go in the burette. I don't know if this is right, but it's what I was taught. I hope it helps :smile:
Original post by BDunlop
Does anyone remember the question with regards to specific heat capacity? I think it was to do with dodecane and hexane, i remember one was to compare the energy released for the fuel but was there a separate question to work out the S.H.C?

I remember the question about why the student was wrong saying that dodecane releases more energy etc...
But never seen the SHC question 😞
Original post by Scarliemarie
The alkali metals have lower boiling points then any other element, you got the question wrong.

No. It's Fluorine.
Original post by Scarliemarie
The alkali metals have lower boiling points then any other element, you got the question wrong.

why would sodium be a solid at room temperature and fluorine be a gas then?
Yes that is what I got too!!! Was really starting to panic cos loads of people were saying exothermic but me and my friends all said read it as endothermic and got 212. xx And think I did get that for the balancing equation. Is there a full unofficial markscheme for our spec yet??? xx
Original post by Peneloputin
When I was doing revision I was told you have to put the alkali in the flask, as its too strong of a substance to go in the burette. I don't know if this is right, but it's what I was taught. I hope it helps :smile:

But then isnt an acid too stong as well? 😕
Original post by mediaya
I remember the question about why the student was wrong saying that dodecane releases more energy etc...
But never seen the SHC question 😞

There wasn't one so dw, think some people are doing the other spec. 😊 Xx
Original post by bod247
Its Rb because in group 1 (alkali metals), the Boiling point and Melting Point decrease as you go down. Rb was the last Alkali Metal so its the lowest Boiling Melting/Point.

I may be wrong but I googled the boiling points and..
F- Fluorine has a boiling point of -188.1°C
Rb- rubidium has a boiling point of
687.8 °C
In the halogens the boiling points increase the further down you go

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending