The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Do we write the same thing for these questions?
'Nationalism is a recipe for peace and order'
'Nationalism is inherently expansionist and aggressive'
Nationalism inevitably breeds conflict and war'
Thanks
Original post by Annie.humair
Do we write the same thing for these questions?
'Nationalism is a recipe for peace and order'
'Nationalism is inherently expansionist and aggressive'
Nationalism inevitably breeds conflict and war'
Thanks

yes they are the same questions just change the wording to correlate your answer to the question
Original post by raepatricks
yes they are the same questions just change the wording to correlate your answer to the question

Since that question was the most recent nationalist question to appear, do you think they'll ask it this year again?
Original post by bsbnah
Since that question was the most recent nationalist question to appear, do you think they'll ask it this year again?

I highly doubt it, the pattern of nationalism questions for the past 6 years have alternated between conflict and war and forward/backing looking my politics teacher thinks they could ask the single doctrine question though as that has only ever come up once before

Posted from TSR Mobile
I highly doubt it, the pattern of nationalism questions for the past 6 years have alternated between conflict and war and forward/backing looking my politics teacher thinks they could ask the single doctrine question though as that has only ever come up once before

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thats what i was thinking too - a question on it being backward/forward looking would be nice as well though :smile:

Which ideology do you think they will repeat for the 15 markers this year? Has your teacher predicted anything?
Original post by bsbnah
Thats what i was thinking too - a question on it being backward/forward looking would be nice as well though :smile:

Which ideology do you think they will repeat for the 15 markers this year? Has your teacher predicted anything?

They haven't really predicted anything with the 15 markers but I hope two feminism 15 markers up. I'll be screwed if ecologism up twice, its my worst ideology my teacher literally taught it in one week.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Could there be a 45 marker on progressive/reactionary nationalism. How would I answer it?
Could there be a 45 marker on progressive/reactionary nationalism. How would I answer it?

You could answer it using a strand by strand structure, saying how they could be viewed as reactionary or progressive - conservative nationalism would be the most reactionary and liberal, ant-colonial are both progressive and I think (I'm not too sure) but expansionist nationalists are also progressive. I hope this doesn't come up.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone have an essay or essay plan on to what extent is nationalism a single doctrine?
Please this would really help as I'm having panic attacks over this question
Does anyone have an essay or essay plan on to what extent is nationalism a single doctrine?
Please this would really help as I'm having panic attacks over this question

I have an essay plan for this but it's really long I can email it to you if you want

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have an essay plan for this but it's really long I can email it to you if you want

Posted from TSR Mobile

Would you mind emailing it to me too please?
Original post by bsbnah
Would you mind emailing it to me too please?

Yeah that's cool message me your email and I'll send it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can someone explain progressive and reactionary to me please please please
Can someone explain progressive and reactionary to me please please please

Progressive = advancing change and reactionary = reacting to change
Original post by EBQ
i do, and realise that there is way too much information to cover and i've just completely missed out revising poverty and development in hope that there will be nice questions on the other topics.

I'm completely missing human rights and humanitarian intervention
Progressive = advancing change and reactionary = reacting to change

Your essay plan is very helpful btw, thanks for that.
Could you please explain what I would talk about in a question talking about nationalism and peace or conflict. Thank you
Your essay plan is very helpful btw, thanks for that.
Could you please explain what I would talk about in a question talking about nationalism and peace or conflict. Thank you

Sorry this is late but in an essay is kinda essay in a way as "to what extent does nationalism always lead to expansion and war" but instead you start by talking about how nationalism can be a source of peace and order, going strand by strand.

Liberal and AC nationalism lead to peace and expansionist and to some extent conservatives lead to war but the underlying idea behind this essay is that all strands of nationalism are capable of causing war due to the divisive nature resulting in "us" and "them tendencies, but the extent to which are likely to result in war is higher than others.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Anyone got any predictions of what may come up?
any last minute predictions lads ??????????????????
I went to sleep at 4:28 am last night. I woke up at 9.

I have a weird pain in my chest
Im not even revising anymore, im just listening to gucci mane.

gg uni

Latest