The Student Room Group

Ocr Gateway Additional Science C3 B3 P3 15th june Unofficial Markscheme

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Mattyates2000
I thought it was option D as it had 30 degrees in 5 minutes and so in 10 minutes it would have rised to 60 degrees which is more than 56 in under 12 mins. For option A it was only for 200g of food and not 227g

I chose option B. This question is a mystery.
Reply 41
I thought it was option D too. What did everyone get for the second part of Janna's steps (the Thursday question)?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by GCSEICT
I put mitosis and for the first question I didn't round the number up and for the breathing problem one I said a reduction in gene pool or something and diseases are passed on if one organism has it

i talked about interbreeding for the pug question
What was the last question on physics? Was it the kinetic energy
Reply 44
Original post by Revision120
What was the last question on physics? Was it the kinetic energy

Hi for anyone wondering what the last question is its he/she is wrong.WHen you double the mass the kinetic energy is doubled. When the speed is doubled the kinetic energy is quadrupled. Being in a van would be (double mass and double speed) so the kinetic energy would be to the power of 6 not four times.. SO the answer is no
For the 1st question i rounded it to 87% ...
Reply 46
Anyone want to come for a blaze after the exams?
Original post by Reji
Hi for anyone wondering what the last question is its he/she is wrong.WHen you double the mass the kinetic energy is doubled. When the speed is doubled the kinetic energy is quadrupled. Being in a van would be (double mass and double speed) so the kinetic energy would be to the power of 6 not four times.. SO the answer is no

I got that wrong then
Reply 48
Btw for the sperm cell question I think I did not spell meiosis properly but wrote mieosis would I still get a mark if it's not the right spelling?
Original post by Eduard-Student
For the 1st question i rounded it to 87% ...

I don't see how you can round up to 87 from 86.38? How did you work it out?
Original post by ~Lily~
I chose option B. This question is a mystery.

I thought it was D in fairness... I can't wait for results day!!
Original post by hallam1212
I don't see how you can round up to 87 from 86.38? How did you work it out?

220 - 29 = 191

191 / 220 x 100 = 86.8... , rounding to 87.
Reply 52
Original post by Eduard-Student
220 - 29 = 191

191 / 220 x 100 = 86.8... , rounding to 87.

I got 86.38 and rounded it up to 86.4. I guess our calculators have given us wierd answers. But now my calculator shows uour amswer and i domt get how it could have given me my previous answer...wth. Somethings not right here?
Original post by ~Lily~
I got 86.38 and rounded it up to 86.4. I guess our calculators have given us wierd answers. But now my calculator shows uour amswer and i domt get how it could have given me my previous answer...wth. Somethings not right here?

It asks us to work out something to do with cycling... I can't remember the exact question but I did :

220-29=191
165/191 = 86.38%
Original post by Ielite
Btw for the sperm cell question I think I did not spell meiosis properly but wrote mieosis would I still get a mark if it's not the right spelling?

As long as you didn't put a "t" in it then you'll get the mark
Original post by ~Lily~

Same as me
Reply 56
Original post by failureofaperson
Hey on the 6 marker about the methods to make drugs I'm pretty sure that method D isn't right because it has a high atom economy and that's unwanted

I thought you wanted a high atom economy because that means more product is produced, and therefore there is less waste produce?
Original post by he.be
I thought you wanted a high atom economy because that means more product is produced, and therefore there is less waste produce?

You are correct. People aim to maximise atom economy, meaning less waste is produced, therefore not adding to costs either. Thus, making the process sustainable.
unit 4 tomorrow-good luck!
absolutely dreading it though
Original post by Habiba12
unit 4 tomorrow-good luck!
absolutely dreading it though

Chemistry is the one I have to look out for. I didn't necessarily understand the concept at school so hopefully, those last couple days of familiarising myself will do the trick.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending