The Student Room Group

Eu: In or out?

Scroll to see replies

I don't understand how anybody could vote remain
a vote for the EU is a vote against yourself and your own democracy
why would you vote for something like that?
the potential sacrifices of leaving this dreadful institution are nothing
ultimately, this EU project is for the long term, and it's for the ever-closer-union deal.
we will see an EU superstate with masedonia, sebia, montanegro and turkey
AND we'll be bailing these countries out AND accepting all their citizens when they move to the UK
you KNOW that a vote for remain is a vote for the EU superstate - because a vote now is a vote that we are trapped with for a VERY long time.
and the only direction of the EU, given all the factors, is MORE INTEGRATION.
we need to get the **** off of this sinking ship before it tumbles over the waterfall. the waterfall of euro-federalism, bail outs, debt crises and endless immigration
our country WILL adjust to new european terms (if there are any) - and we will prosper outside, with all our potential as the 5th largest economy on the entire planet
in fact, we will surpass the EU - the EU is stagnating, while we have all the potential to grow as a freely non-tariff giving nation
why would the EU even tariff us when a tariff against us is a tariff against their own growth?! if it's "so the union doesn't fall apart" then is the glue of the EU economic misery?
(edited 7 years ago)
I would vote in tbh and I am 16 and I am not allowed to vote ffs
Reply 442
Original post by Mahrez

thank god for that
Original post by EuanF
thank god for that

I thought you loved democracy?
Now you're cheering that people who oppose you cannot vote.
Hypocrite.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mahrez

You've been brainwashed by David Cameron and Evil EU's propaganda on TV.
Oh well, whatever happens, happens.
Im Voting Leave because I see right through David Cameron and the EU's bull****.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Naveed-7
You've been brainwashed by David Cameron and Evil EU's propaganda on TV.
Oh well, whatever happens, happens.
Im voting Leave because I see right through David Cameron and the EU's ********.

Nah but when we face a economic crisis we are esentially ****ed
Original post by Mahrez
Nah but when we face a economic crisis we are esentially ****ed

Maybe. But do you know how life works?
Have you seen the bad people around you everyday? -The greedy people, the bullies, the jealous people, the scammers, etc.
To survive against these people, you would need to struggle and move away from them and cut off relationships with them. Same with the EU.
Original post by Naveed-7
Maybe. But do you know how life works?
Have you seen the bad people around you everyday? -The greedy people, the bullies, the jealous people, the scammers, etc.
To survive against these people, you would need to struggle and move away from them and cut off relationships with them. Same with the EU.

Yeah but usa did that back in 1919 and that led to the great depression.....
[video="youtube;MjtqCq8dmN0"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjtqCq8dmN0[/video]
the ehic card is enough to want me to stay in
Reply 450
Original post by metrize

EHIC is a European thing, not an EU thing :smile:

Most of the European things you love aren't actually EU things.
Original post by Louise12307
Oh and, if we left the EU, we have Dodgy Dave until 2020 and likely an independent Scotland which would greatly reduce odds of Labour getting into government again. It will be probably be followed up with Boris, God help us all.

Posted from TSR Mobile

An independent Scotland isn't at all likely until the oil price goes back up

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Louise12307
I'm personally a remainer, but I would class it as absolutely correct that the majority of brexiters are older and the younger ones are remainers because that is statistically true.

Remainers are counting on a high turnout in the young voters to vote remain otherwise, statistically, we will most likely leave the EU.

I went to ask my sister who she was voting for and she said "REMAIN!" I went "brilliant!" And she then removed all my faith in humanity by following it up with

"But I ripped up my polling card."

Face palm.

Posted from TSR Mobile

If i'm thinking of the same thing, the polling card isn't required to vote. It's just something they send to everyone registed to tell you your polling station etc. You just need to turn up and say "my name is x" and they give you the ballot papers.
Original post by NinjaOtter
If i'm thinking of the same thing, the polling card isn't required to vote. It's just something they send to everyone registed to tell you your polling station etc. You just need to turn up and say "my name is x" and they give you the ballot papers.

It's smoother with a polling card though because it makes you easier to find on their list given it has the relevant number on the card

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by EuanF
EHIC is a European thing, not an EU thing :smile:

Most of the European things you love aren't actually EU things.

It's an EEA(plus Switzerland) benefit which we would no longer be a part of if we leave, we'd have to negotiate re-entry into it and accept free movement which comes as part and parcel. So no it's not an EU benefit but we'd still lose it if we leave the EU and no provision for it is agreed.

http://www.nhs.uk/NHSEngland/Healthcareabroad/EHIC/Pages/about-the-ehic.aspx

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Economic_Area
Original post by metrize

Being blunt I find this very selfish, considering the industries that depend on a Brexit, and your willfulness to sacrifice a bit of your, and everyone else's, democracy.

usw. usf.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by XcitingStuart
Being blunt I find this very selfish, considering the industries that depend on a Brexit, and your willfulness to sacrifice a bit of your, and everyone else's, democracy.

usw. usf.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh do get a sense of perspective. Do you think the brexit lot are all selfless?

The victim complex of the leave side just gets stronger.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Personally, I'd be voting leave

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by logophile1998
Personally, I'd be voting leave

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why?
I'm a young liberal university educated centrist who's voted LibDem since I was 18 (oh and I think racism/nationalism is tribalistic nonsense and an evolutionary failing)..

I'm voting for Brexit. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest