The Student Room Group

AQA Philosophy A2 Unit 4 2016

Hi! I'm retaking my Unit 4 exam on Mill's 'On Liberty' and I'm stressing out - I lost my folder with all my class notes in it last year and had to hand in my copy of the book that had notes written in the margin at the end of last year. I've been trying to revise using internet resources but it's super difficult and reading the text without a teacher to decipher it is really hard, and emails to my philosophy teacher last year get bounced back to me. If anyone would be willing to share any resources they have with my I would be really really grateful! :smile: xxx
Reply 1
Hi! I'm sorry I can't give you any resources, because I'm doing Plato's Republic. I'm in the exact same position as you though! I'm not really sure where I went wrong last year, so I don't know where I can improve!!! Also I'm quite worried that very few people will be doing this exams, and those that do will probably be really smart because most people even if they don't do well will settle for a not very good uni. So I bet the grade boundaries will be really high :frown:(((((
Original post by niamh165
Hi! I'm sorry I can't give you any resources, because I'm doing Plato's Republic. I'm in the exact same position as you though! I'm not really sure where I went wrong last year, so I don't know where I can improve!!! Also I'm quite worried that very few people will be doing this exams, and those that do will probably be really smart because most people even if they don't do well will settle for a not very good uni. So I bet the grade boundaries will be really high :frown:(((((

I've got a place at a Russel group and am not planning to settle, but am also not doing great in this particular exam, I'm sitting it now because I missed it last year. It's only 20% of your final grade so if you don't do awesome, it won't be too bad, as long as the other A2 exam went well. I think that's definitely a bit of panic over nothing :smile:

I'm selfishly hoping because everyone doing it will be resitting, the grade boundaries will be lower because the grades will be... That makes me mean but we're all in the same boat here!!

If you don't know what went wrong last year it's usually AO2 because that's the majority of the marks, so just go through the criticisms of philosopher rule and the theory of the forms and stuff like that beforehand :smile:

Any predictions for Plato?

Good luck today!!
Reply 3
Original post by effieallen
I've got a place at a Russel group and am not planning to settle, but am also not doing great in this particular exam, I'm sitting it now because I missed it last year. It's only 20% of your final grade so if you don't do awesome, it won't be too bad, as long as the other A2 exam went well. I think that's definitely a bit of panic over nothing :smile:

I'm selfishly hoping because everyone doing it will be resitting, the grade boundaries will be lower because the grades will be... That makes me mean but we're all in the same boat here!!

If you don't know what went wrong last year it's usually AO2 because that's the majority of the marks, so just go through the criticisms of philosopher rule and the theory of the forms and stuff like that beforehand :smile:

Any predictions for Plato?

Good luck today!!

Ahhh I'm so sorry I'm replying to this two weeks late! I hardly ever come onto TSR haha. I wish I saw your post, it would've made me a lot less nervous. How did you find the exam?! I found the 15 marker really weird and I didn't really know if what I was writing was relevant or not. I wish it was a straightforward simile question :unimpressed: I choose the democracy question, which I though was very broad. I don't knowwwww, I don't think I did any better than last year and I need two more UMS to get an A :frown: hope you're having a great summer!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending