The Student Room Group

Decided to leave Islam after Orlando attack. AMA.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CAPTAINSHAZAM
Hahahah no it doest.... Find me where in the Quran it says that

It does lol...
Original post by loveleest
It does lol...

it doesnt. even in the bible, the story of sodom and gomorrah is about homosexual rape and not the entirety of homosexuality. there is a difference.
Original post by Anonymous
I don't want to be part of a religion that condones the killing of homosexuals.

Why not leave sooner?
Reply 23
Well the Quran wishes death on homosexuals.

Afaik this is only mentioned in a particular hadith

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well done OP.

What would your family think of it?

"well done" lmao people like you and OP are so ignorant and its laughable, the person wasnt even practicing muslim so for OP to leave shows how weak his faith was to leave something that wasnt even related to islam, Just because the guy had a a islamic name and wore a hat doesnt make him a muslim.

His EX WIFE said he had NUMEROUS problems drinking wasnt religious didnt go the masjid
Original post by TrojanH
it doesnt. even in the bible, the story of sodom and gomorrah is about homosexual rape and not the entirety of homosexuality. there is a difference.

Exactly and when an act like that is done in public i.e intercouse between the same genders thats diff and is punishable just like it would be in most western countries....
Doing private things that are sins is private and doesnt mean you can go upto them and kill them
Original post by CAPTAINSHAZAM
Hahahah no it doest.... Find me where in the Quran it says that

https://www.thereligionofpeace.com/pages/quran/homosexuality.aspx
It's your life do what you want but wth. Nowhere in islam does it say to go kill everyone who doesn't hold the same view as you, real Muslims know that this is not our job, it's gods job to judge and give punishment accordingly. Also the killer obviously had something very wrong with him, no sane person would do what he did, don't place all the blame on his religion here. I do think his religion may have played a small role eg he was gay himself but couldn't accept it or others couldn't accept him, but this killing can not be completely due to religion.
Original post by Metrododo
Why not leave sooner?

Never had the chance to leave completely. I'm 18.

if you take enough things out of context you can eventually convince people what ever you want

the 'religion of peace' clearly mockery and a very valid resource to cite huh... who taught you how to reference lmao?
Well done OP.

What would your family think of it?

My family don't know yet. I don't want them to though, they're very conservative and I don't know what they'll do if they find out.
Original post by Tsrsarahhhh
...but this killing can not be completely due to religion.

True, but personally I left Islam too because I didn't want to be associated with a religion that does things like this.
Reply 32
Its up to you, but I know many Muslims who condemn the attack and talk about how killing/judging homosexuals goes against everything Islam stands for. Its your interpretation of the word of god not what radical asswipes think.
I've chosen to leave the Islamic faith following the attack on the gay club 4 days ago.

Why? If one attack makes you leave Islam it just really goes to show how strong your belief in Islam was anyway. How does 1 person killing many innocent people affect your belief in Allah? The guy who did the shooting was in fact a muslim, but he was also gay himself. If he wasn't gay and killed the people because islam does not condemn people being gay (just like christianity) then maybe I can see possibly why you are feeling affected but he didn't kill the people because of Islam. If he did then why was he gay himself?
Anyways, as usual the actions of a minority are being blamed on the majority and this is a sad fact really. You're leaving Islam after one guy killed many people. I don't understand how that affects your belief though?
If you actually have studied islam you'd know islam doesn't condemn violence and is a peaceful religion. Islam is believing in allah and his prophet and I don't understand why you're leaving islam due to this.
You clearly don't have enough knowledge of islam hence why you're leaving but juts because something happens and people label islam all over it, it doesn't mean its true.
The terrorists who claim to be islamic aren't even islamic they don't know the definition of islam all they do know is how to add the word islam or allahuakbar to everything they do/say to make it look like its islam when in fact they aren't muslims themselves.
When will people understand that adding the word islam or muslim to everything doesn't make that person a muslim....
Original post by TrojanH
if you take enough things out of context you can eventually convince people what ever you want

Yeah like if you take enough of the Qur'an out of context you can convince people that it's a religion with love at its heart.

Islam is built on hating others. Most religions are. You can't pretend that Islam supports homosexuality.
Original post by mariah2011
Why? If one attack makes you leave Islam it just really goes to show how strong your belief in Islam was anyway. How does 1 person killing many innocent people affect your belief in Allah? The guy who did the shooting was in fact a muslim, but he was also gay himself. If he wasn't gay and killed the people because islam does not condemn people being gay (just like christianity) then maybe I can see possibly why you are feeling affected but he didn't kill the people because of Islam. If he did then why was he gay himself?
Anyways, as usual the actions of a minority are being blamed on the majority and this is a sad fact really. You're leaving Islam after one guy killed many people. I don't understand how that affects your belief though?
If you actually have studied islam you'd know islam doesn't condemn violence and is a peaceful religion. Islam is believing in allah and his prophet and I don't understand why you're leaving islam due to this.
You clearly don't have enough knowledge of islam hence why you're leaving but juts because something happens and people label islam all over it, it doesn't mean its true.
The terrorists who claim to be islamic aren't even islamic they don't know the definition of islam all they do know is how to add the word islam or allahuakbar to everything they do/say to make it look like its islam when in fact they aren't muslims themselves.
When will people understand that adding the word islam or muslim to everything doesn't make that person a muslim....

Yes, I was never truly a believer of Allah or Islam... I didn't have the choice because of the family I was brought up in.
To be honest it sounds like you were never really muslim, just going through the motions because your family forced you. So you aren't really leaving due to the attack.
My family don't know yet. I don't want them to though, they're very conservative and I don't know what they'll do if they find out.

See, the fact that this even is the case shows how flawed religious conservatism (and religion as whole) is
Yes, I was never truly a believer of Allah or Islam... I didn't have the choice because of the family I was brought up in.

Well don't say you're leaving due to the attack then. You're wrongly putting your words for another person to blame that Islam is the reason for the attack. You could just say I am leaving Islam due to not being religious rather than blaming it on Islam, making another controversial issue to occur.
I've chosen to leave the Islamic faith following the attack on the gay club 4 days ago.

Why do you let the media dictate what you decide to do? Can you not decide for yourself? Just because someone was a 'Muslim' according to what the media says and killed people doesn't mean you should be put off by the whole religion.
This goes for any religion tbh.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending