The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TrojanH
who revises reading notes lol

revision comes from writing the notes

i bin my notes every year so if i decide to resit i have no excuse for new notes lmao

Alright for people who actually had teachers.. my notes are my course 😂 therefore if i throw them away ill have nothing if i have to resit. I doubt id resit anyway but still, holding on to them untill results day!
Original post by Abbey15
Alright for people who actually had teachers.. my notes are my course 😂 therefore if i throw them away ill have nothing if i have to resit. I doubt id resit anyway but still, holding on to them untill results day!

i dont even go to school hahah my notes AREE my course. suppose my handwritings so bad i wouldnt be able to read them any way lmao
the first one was meda
second was biological initiation
third was psychological intervention
Was the directional hypothesis on the small scale study of the questionnaire or on the actual anxiety programme itself because everyone seems to be confused? :L
Original post by Daley7
Was the directional hypothesis on the small scale study of the questionnaire or on the actual anxiety programme itself because everyone seems to be confused? :L

I did it in relation to the anxiety programme i.e. the 6 week anxiety programme will help to reduce the anxiety scores on the questionnaires that was given to students. I have no idea if it's right but that is what made sense to me at the time...
Does anyone know whether you can get an A overall if you get a C at AS and an A* at A2
Original post by Georgia.t
Does anyone know whether you can get an A overall if you get a C at AS and an A* at A2

I doubt it, hopefully you can i got an A at As but will probably have got a C at A2 😐
Original post by Georgia.t

I think it could be a possibility if it was a high C at AS and a high A* at A2. Because in the end it all balances out....
Does anyone have the unofficial mark scheme for the research methods for PSY4 2016? Still so nervous about it haha
Original post by Georginarosee
I did them both.

how do you think they went?
Original post by Onica
I can't exactly remember what the question but was it to provide the televsion company ideas to promote social behaviour on tv by creating a programme?

I don't know if I did it right, but outlined SLT (observation, imitation, vicarious reinforcement) and also stated factors such as age, gender etc. I gave an idea of a programme they could create to be on the TV. I said that they could create a TV game show programme where children on that programme have to work in teams and cooperate (pro-social behaviour) to win. The winning team gets medals. I therefore argued that this would support SLT and promote pro-social behaviour, as children may imitate such behaviours because of the reward the children got in the programme. I also stated that the ages of the children in the programme and genders (presuming that both girls and boys will view the programme) will increased thevlikihood of the behaviour being imiated . I therefore argued that this viewed behaviour may also have effects in real life, for example they might imitate this behaviour in school, when they're made to work in teams and cooperate, thus promoting pro-social behaviour.
I then used lassie to illustrate how there is evidence that pro-social behaviour can how pro-social behaviour in the media can have a positive effect.

I hope I did it right and the evidence is sufficient
Do you think I'll get good marks for that??

oh that sounds better than what i did haha xD youve linked it really well and used good application. thats the bit i struggled with so i just wrote about the studies and linked it slightly. your answer sounds like a good one though :smile:
Reply 6451
Making the unofficial mark scheme now- what did everyone put for that internal validity define question?

Test intents what it intends to measure/ controlling of all relevant variables apart from the one being directly manipulated by the experimenter?
Lol does this thread still exist?
Original post by sukhraj7
I thought the question was referring to the writing a directional hypothesis for the small-scale investigation, which is also known as a pilot study? The stem stated that the small-scale investigation took place 'before' the main investigation took place (6 week anxiety programme)

The small-scale investigation (pilot study) was simply just to check the appropriateness of the questionnaire in measuring anxiety and has nothing to do with the anxiety programme which would be carried out in the main investigation.

So imo I think the correct directional hypothesis would be 'as scores obtained from the questionnaire increases, the level of anxiety will also increase.'

I disagree the study was still carried out with the anxiety manegment programme, regardless if the aim was to check the questionnaire. Im pretty sure the answer was that anxiety scores would be lower before programme than after.
Original post by TaliaBubbles
I disagree the study was still carried out with the anxiety manegment programme, regardless if the aim was to check the questionnaire. Im pretty sure the answer was that anxiety scores would be lower before programme than after.

I have to agree on this! Or else why would they do the whole 6 week thing? If it was only to assess the appropriateness they would simply use concurrent validity or maybe ask Dr Anxiety from the university of Anxiety to check the face Validity!

Posted from TSR Mobile
research methods question.jpgYes but it does say that purpose of the small study was to check the questionnaire. I personally believe a case can be made for either directional hypothesis. It is certainly not crystal clear and is a question that has divided everyone I have spoken to.
Guys, for the media 10 mark question.. it said Toby/Tony (idk forgot his name) developed his gambling addiction by using his spare cash to buy lottery tickets - if i used this point to evaluate media by saying that 'it wasn't media who influenced him to start gambling it couldve been influence from peers/family instead therefore making the point that media influences addictive behaviours reductionist as it doesn't consider other factors which could lead to the individual started to gamble or smoke.'

Would it be right and would i get marks for the ao2?? i found it so tricky to refer back to the scenario in this question!!
Original post by izzylc
how do you think they went?

Thought it went okay.
Didn't revise a full essay for psychological explanations. I didn't except them to repeat the questions. Did behavioural for A01 and for A02 did a study and 3 evaluation.
The first 2 questions for media was great but didn't revise evolutionary explanations.
Research method went great.

How did you find it?
Reply 6458
Original post by TaliaBubbles

For the directional hypothesis I put anxiety scores will be lower after the 6 week anxiety programme - it confused me tbh..
Guys, stop it ! Seriously, it's over now - your overthinking is not going to help! I have extremely ****ed up that exam and I WAS predicted an A* (not happening) - but you just have to accept it and let it go, you can't change anything that you have written!

Latest

Trending

Trending