The Student Room Group

My hands are clammy and it's effecting my exams

My hands are very clammy. They always have been since I was young. It's not a health problem or anything and me and my friends usually joke about how clammy my hands are. I am now doing my GCSE's and in the exams I can hardly grip the pen because my hands are so wet and slippery! Then my hand starts sticking to the page and the page gets all wet. I then try and scrape the sweat off my hands with a ruler but then more sweat forms then my ruler gets all wet! What should I do?! I have tried bringing a tissue into the exam but the examiner removed it from my desk. What should I do?! :zomg::s-smilie:
(edited 7 years ago)
you can ask for tissue in the exams and use that when you need it... other than that there is nothing you can do tbh
This happens to me a lot (I have hyperhidrosis) so I'm always like wiping my hand on my t-shirt/jumper or whatever I'm wearing, I've just learnt to deal with it 😭 it's so horrible though

Posted from TSR Mobile
His palms are sweaty, knees weak, arms are heavy :hubba:
Chop them off. Learn to write with your feet
Reply 5
You fap too much
This happens to me when im nervous so it might not be the same try to sing inside yiur head to calm you down i.no that it helped by clammy hand
Maybe put some baby powder on your hands just before you go into an exam will help as baby powder absorbs moisture.
Maybe you need a low dose of valium to calm you down before your exam. Explain this to your GP and see what they say.
Original post by charlottelouise3
This happens to me a lot (I have hyperhidrosis) so I'm always like wiping my hand on my t-shirt/jumper or whatever I'm wearing, I've just learnt to deal with it 😭 it's so horrible though

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry to hear that. Maybe I have hyperhidrosis as well! That would explain my sweatiness!!
Original post by Alyiza
You fap too much

What does fap mean?
Original post by Tsrsarahhhh
Maybe put some baby powder on your hands just before you go into an exam will help as baby powder absorbs moisture.

Thanks I will try this!!
Original post by smozsolution
His palms are sweaty, knees weak, arms are heavy :hubba:

There's vomit on his sweater. Mum's spaghetti.
omggg i have the same problem!! It just gets so annoying, not just in my exams. It's worse in drama/theatre lessons because we do physical theatre.
Original post by susielovesblue
omggg i have the same problem!! It just gets so annoying, not just in my exams. It's worse in drama/theatre lessons because we do physical theatre.

Yeah it is quite annoying. I've just learned to laugh about it though haha
Original post by cookie123456789
Yeah it is quite annoying. I've just learned to laugh about it though haha

Yes same :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest