The Student Room Group

Aqa IGCSE Physics Paper 2??

Anyone have an idea as to whats coming up in paper 2 for physics?

Thanks if you comment and help!👍
Original post by tadpole1441
Anyone have an idea as to whats coming up in paper 2 for physics?

Thanks if you comment and help!👍

I'm going to move this into the Physics exams forum so you can hopefully get a reply to this. There may be a thread in there already about this exam so have a look: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=372 :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Black Rose
I'm going to move this into the Physics exams forum so you can hopefully get a reply to this. There may be a thread in there already about this exam so have a look: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=372 :smile:
Thanks, I'm new to TSR so don't really know how everything works so thank you!
Alright I hope someone has some pointers for this, would appreciate if someone has any predictions for chemistry as well :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous ! :)
Alright I hope someone has some pointers for this, would appreciate if someone has any predictions for chemistry as well :smile:

My top list of ideas for paper 2.
It's by no means a definitive list, and don't rule out overlap of paper 1 material in places.

Testing for ions - flame tests, solution tests etc

paper chromatography - method and errors in the method, measuring and calculating the Rf factor, comparing to gas chromatography

Measuring energy changes in reactions, use of Q = mc delta T , experimental errors when using a copper calorimeter for measuring energy released from a fuel, or not using a polystyrene cup when measuring enthalpy change of a solution

bond energy calculations

Extracting metals - phytomining, bioleaching, alloys - properties

alternative fuels, evaluating fuels, method of fermentation for making ethanol

Rates of reaction experiments, explaining results in terms of collision theory

diffusion and diffusion related experiments

Titrations - how to do the method, using results from a titration, reading a value from a burette, and a calculation using n=cV

water treatment

percentage yield calculation, reasons for low percentage yield, ways of reducing loss of product etc

pollution from burning fuels - effects on the environment, comparing fuels

thermosoftening, thermosetting polymers, hdpe. Ldpe

drawing dot and cross diagrams

giant covalent structures

esters , carboxylic acids, alcohols - reactions of
In general, systematic errors or random errors - suggesting a reason for error, anomalous results and calculating a mean - how to improve accuracy by calculating a mean and discarding averages

Hope it helps
My top list of ideas for paper 2.
It's by no means a definitive list, and don't rule out overlap of paper 1 material in places.

Testing for ions - flame tests, solution tests etc

paper chromatography - method and errors in the method, measuring and calculating the Rf factor, comparing to gas chromatography

Measuring energy changes in reactions, use of Q = mc delta T , experimental errors when using a copper calorimeter for measuring energy released from a fuel, or not using a polystyrene cup when measuring enthalpy change of a solution

bond energy calculations

Extracting metals - phytomining, bioleaching, alloys - properties

alternative fuels, evaluating fuels, method of fermentation for making ethanol

Rates of reaction experiments, explaining results in terms of collision theory

diffusion and diffusion related experiments

Titrations - how to do the method, using results from a titration, reading a value from a burette, and a calculation using n=cV

water treatment

percentage yield calculation, reasons for low percentage yield, ways of reducing loss of product etc

pollution from burning fuels - effects on the environment, comparing fuels

thermosoftening, thermosetting polymers, hdpe. Ldpe

drawing dot and cross diagrams

giant covalent structures

esters , carboxylic acids, alcohols - reactions of
In general, systematic errors or random errors - suggesting a reason for error, anomalous results and calculating a mean - how to improve accuracy by calculating a mean and discarding averages

Hope it helps

oh nice thanks, gonna start my revision now got like 2-3 hrs ahah
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous ! :)
oh nice thanks, gonna start my revision now got like 2-3 hrs ahah

How was it for you? Titrations and chromotography came up so the grade boundaries should be pretty low.
Chemistry was hard, will be low grade boundaries. Anyone prepared for tomorrows physics? Im not
Reply 8
Original post by JamieTheb
Chemistry was hard, will be low grade boundaries. Anyone prepared for tomorrows physics? Im not

Try to do two past papers today for the physics exam, see what you get in them and revise the stuff you get wrong from the mark scheme, textbook (revision guide) and Youtube. If you can fit in a third paper then do it, depends on how motivated you are😂. Trust me it will stand you in good stead for the exam.👍
Try to do two past papers today for the physics exam, see what you get in them and revise the stuff you get wrong from the mark scheme, textbook (revision guide) and Youtube. If you can fit in a third paper then do it, depends on how motivated you are😂. Trust me it will stand you in good stead for the exam.👍

Haha ill try my best, thank you and good luck
Original post by JamieTheb
Haha ill try my best, thank you and good luck

Gl bro👍👌

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending