The Student Room Group

Messages me first then ignores me?

So she messages me first asking a question I answer the question and ask the same thing back like you do, then she just ignores it. She been on Facebook replying to people comments so I know she has time to reply, she hasn't even 'seen' the message, she will have a constant notification saying I messaged her...

Why is she ignoring my reply???

I read her message as soon as she sent it but then waited an hour to reply as I was busy doing something.....

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
So she messages me first asking a question I answer the question and ask the same thing back like you do, then she just ignores it. She been on Facebook replying to people comments so I know she has time to reply, she hasn't even 'seen' the message, she will have a constant notification saying I messaged her...

Why is she ignoring my reply???

I read her message as soon as she sent it but then waited an hour to reply as I was busy doing something.....

She probably messaged you because she was bored. Now her friends are online, she doesn't need to talk to you anymore.
Reply 2
Original post by stargirl63
She probably messaged you because she was bored. Now her friends are online, she doesn't need to talk to you anymore.

She asked if I was going to do a run and sent me a link to a 10k and I said "probably, are you?". We both enjoy running its not like she asked a random question about how I was doing.
She asked if I was going to do a run and sent me a link to a 10k and I said "probably, are you?". We both enjoy running its not like she asked a random question about how I was doing.

She got her answer. She didn't want a conversation.

That sounds rud, she always like it?
Stargirl speaks sense.
Reply 6
Original post by ckfeister
That sounds rud, she always like it?

No she normally responds, it the fact that she hasn't even 'read' the message so she will have a notification on Facebook saying she has a message. I'm tempted just to message her saying something like 'take that as a no then' just to see what she says.
No she normally responds, it the fact that she hasn't even 'read' the message so she will have a notification on Facebook saying she has a message. I'm tempted just to message her saying something like 'take that as a no then' just to see what she says.

Yea, say that... I'm sure the other two posts are girls themselves.
This might not be in your case, but I used to do this when I was talking to guys online. I think it was kind of a "chase me" tactic... Like, I wanted to push the guy into being clingy so I knew they liked me?

Wow I've just realised how much of a B**ch I was... GIRLS DO NOT DO THIS! Do not play with a guy like this!
Unsure why you care so much?

She's not responded, so go about your day. She might never respond.
Reply 10
Maybe she thinks that if she replies, it will lead to a longer conversation - which she probs doesn't want at the time?
And leaving the message as 'read' but not replying would be even ruder

I do that sometimes but I end up forgetting to ever reply ehh
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by rubybrown1234
This might not be in your case, but I used to do this when I was talking to guys online. I think it was kind of a "chase me" tactic... Like, I wanted to push the guy into being clingy so I knew they liked me?

Wow I've just realised how much of a B**ch I was... GIRLS DO NOT DO THIS! Do not play with a guy like this!

I was thinking that this might be the case but I'm no sure, I think I'll message her in a bit to find out
Original post by Elivercury
Unsure why you care so much?

She's not responded, so go about your day. She might never respond.

I care because I like her....
Happens all the time buddy. Ignore it and move on.
Do you know each other? I ignore people I don't know online :confused:
Original post by saraxh
Do you know each other? I ignore people I don't know online :confused:

Yeah we worked together for like a year
Original post by ckfeister
Yea, say that... I'm sure the other two posts are girls themselves.

She replied acting like she forgot... From what she is saying she feel like she doesn't want to talk, but I just can't stop myself from sending another message...

Her replies seem like they're trying to stop the conversation..
She replied acting like she forgot... From what she is saying she feel like she doesn't want to talk, but I just can't stop myself from sending another message...

Her replies seem like they're trying to stop the conversation..

They probably are - as you were told is most likely the case.

Take the cue, end the conversation. Why are you trying to continue a conversation with someone who isn't interested? Go talk to someone who is.
True, some girls like the chase, but I would of thought she'd make it more clear that she wanted that.

Best case scenario for your feeling is too move on - good luck!
Sounds like she just wanted to ask a question tbh.
She got an answer from you and has no motivation to keep the convo going.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending