The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 Biology SNAB 6BI04 ~ 6BIO5 June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by etherealinsanity
I was doing a past paper (June 2014) and did question 4(a) and the answer referred to a phagosome and phagocytic vesicle. In previous papers, it said to only accept phagocytic vacuole.

Does anyone know if there's a difference between a phagosome, phagocytic vesicle and phagocytic vacuole?

The markscheme for 2014 is here:
http://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/A%20Level/Biology/2013/Exam%20materials/Mark-scheme-Unit-4-(6BI04)-June-2014.pdf

and the answer is on page 26.

Maybe it's a mistake, but I'd stick to phagocytic vacuole just to be on the safe side
Original post by Romanoff
Maybe it's a mistake, but I'd stick to phagocytic vacuole just to be on the safe side

Okay, I'll do that. Thank you.
Original post by Oshoko
Is it ATPase or ATPsynthase in thylakoid membrane, I've seen mark schemes interchange with this one and I don't which one I should use.

They're the same enzyme; they're interchangeable.
Reply 463
Original post by PhysicsIP2016
Yes but only macrophages. The original posters were asking about B cells

so b cells also form apc?
Someone please explain difference between GPP and NPP? And the definitions if its like a 3 marker for each definition?
Original post by ABeingOnEarth
Someone please explain difference between GPP and NPP? And the definitions if its like a 3 marker for each definition?

GPP/NPP 3.3.7 NPP =GPP plant respiration Net primary productivity = potential energy plant has stored Gross primary productivity = amount of energy produced by a plant energy lost as heat / eq ; provide energy for {active transport / any other named energy-requiring process} ; NPP is {(stored) energy / energy available for next trophic level / eq} ;

Always include the word equation in GPP/NPP definition

GPP is the rate at which energy is incorporated into organic molecules in producers whereas NPP is the energy transferred to new biomass by producers which is available to the next trophic level.
These are both measures in KJ per metre squared per year

Equation: GPP= NPP + R

hope that helps!
(edited 7 years ago)
In chemiosmosis in the light dependent reaction of photosynthesis, when hydrogen ions from photolysis are pumped across the election carrier molecules are they pumped from the thylakoids membrane into the intermembrane space?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 469
Original post by geor_thor
In chemiosmosis in the light dependent reaction of photosynthesis, when hydrogen ions from photolysis are pumped across the election carrier molecules are they pumped from the thylakoids membrane into the intermembrane space?

Posted from TSR Mobile

i think youre confusing this with respiration..
H+ are pumpe from the stroma into the tylakoid.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ranz
i think youre confusing this with respiration..
H+ are pumpe from the stroma into the tylakoid.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh ok. Thank you!
Original post by geor_thor
Oh ok. Thank you!

no no its the other way round! H+ ions build up in the thylakoid and move down their conc gadient into the stroma via ATP synthase.
Reply 472
Overall... Bit of a harder paper, the graoh questions :frown:(( also had to rush a few because of timing
Reply 473
What did you put for structure Q ? I put golgi....
so much AS came up lol good for anyone who resat AS (i didnt :frown: )
Original post by drjay24

I put Golgi too lol

That paper was dodgy as hell. It was filled with graph readings, random pathology questions that have an unclear answer, and bloody Biology 2 questions.

I mean really the structure of Cellulose, preparing a slide and Male nuclei in plants. Edexcel are dicks.

The last question was impossible for me
I put golgi too but i think it was rER :frown: idk if i done well or not, some q's like the male nuclei pollen one i completely did not revise idkkkkkkkkkkkkkk:frown::frown:
Original post by drjay24

I put cytoplasm and argued that it would contain ribosomes, due to the next question. However, I think the right answer was ReR.... Because the next question you would have to argue about it being to do with protein synthesis.
Reply 478
did you guys think it was harder than the past papers?? like a lot harder?
Original post by Indigo.Brownhall
I put cytoplasm and argued that it would contain ribosomes, due to the next question. However, I think the right answer was ReR.... Because the next question you would have to argue about it being to do with protein synthesis.

Yeh I put cytoplasm too but the cytoplasm is related to protein synthesis as it contains ribosomes floating about.

Overall I thought it was a pretty nice paper, especially since I did the unit 2 resit.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending