The Student Room Group

Choosing my AS Levels

Hi!
At my school students typically pick lots of AS (too many in my opinion) and either drop them during the year; after the exam and don't continue to A2, or simply do some AS in form 12 and some in form 13 since in my country AS Levels are enough to get into a uni.
I need help with my choices, currently I have:

English lit
History
Psychology
Physics
Maths

And then we are forced to have global perspectives and a language, which is quite easy for me and I don't think they'd add that much to the amount of study.

I'm not sure if these 5 subjects are too hard, or the workload is too much. I also don't know whether I'll actually do the exam on all or simply start the year enrolled in these subjects and see how everything goes.
I want to follow either Filmmaking, Physics or some kind of Engineering.. I think I'll enjoy all of these, since I love humanities, arts and sciences!

Thanks for the help!
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by mariapcosta
Hi!
At my school students typically pick lots of AS (too many in my opinion) and either drop them during the year; after the exam and don't continue to A2, or simply do some AS in form 12 and some in form 13 since in my country AS Levels are enough to get into a uni.
I need help with my choices, currently I have:

English lit
History
Psychology
Physics
Maths

And then we are forced to have global perspectives and a language, which is quite easy for me and I don't think they'd add that much to the amount of study.

I'm not sure if these 5 subjects are too hard, or the workload is too much. I also don't know whether I'll actually do the exam on all or simply start the year enrolled in these subjects and see how everything goes.
I want to follow either Filmmaking, Physics or some kind of Engineering..

Thanks for the help!

7 AS levels is ridiculous. 5 should be the highest...
Reply 2
Original post by jamestg
7 AS levels is ridiculous. 5 should be the highest...

Technically I'm taking 5 since the Global Perspectives exam can only be taken in the Oct/Nov sessions next year, and the Language exam is only taken at the end of A2 (in two years)..
I also found this big amount surprising when we discussed AS levels at my school, but apparently many people choose to do more and harder ones than what I have

Quick Reply

Latest