The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 Biology SNAB 6BI04 ~ 6BIO5 June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by emfs
did you guys think it was harder than the past papers?? like a lot harder?

nah I think june 2015 paper was slightly easier
(edited 7 years ago)
This paper sucked dicks
Where oh where did that darn time go??!?!? Could have done with at least another 15mins. Very sneaky leaving the two QWC questions until the very end - I had less than 10 mins for them both so just burped up some bullet points which (I hope) might be on mark scheme :smile: Mind you - could've been the wrong mark scheme as didn't have time to read question fully and just word spotted!!
(edited 7 years ago)
That paper was beyond ridiculous... The last question nearly made me do gene expression, spoke about mutations and primary structures and **** instead... The questions for time of death on the graph was **** and the structure of the plasma cells sucked, we didnt even learn that?? There was hardly questions thag were RELEVANT TO A2 😣😣😤
Quite a tough paper. The graph question on the fluctuating pollen count was bloody annoying, I felt like I was writing in baby language at one point when describing the fluctuations: "up and down then up" lol.

I put rough endoplasmic reticulum, not Golgi... eugh. Hopefully they might give some leeway for some of those questions.
Original post by rory58824
Quite a tough paper. The graph question on the fluctuating pollen count was bloody annoying, I felt like I was writing in baby language at one point when describing the fluctuations: "up and down then up" lol.

I put rough endoplasmic reticulum, not Golgi... eugh. Hopefully they might give some leeway for some of those questions.

I done sER! Didnt have time to answer the role, left them 2 questions till the end... Only like 4/5 topics were covered from A2, the rest was AS😣😤
It. Was. Horrible
I thought that was one of the easiest papers I've done?!

I put rough endoplasmic reticulum for structure Q.

And I was correct:

What did everyone put for the last question on different proteins from the same gene?
Original post by shooting_stars
What did everyone put for the last question on different proteins from the same gene?

You had to talk about post transcriptional changes

Exons/Introns
Original post by Romanoff
I thought that was one of the easiest papers I've done?!

I put rough endoplasmic reticulum for structure Q.

And I was correct:

Well ****-a-doodle-do, we are thrilled.
Original post by Romanoff
You had to talk about post transcriptional changes

Exons/Introns

Oh okay I think I did that! The process of splicing, removing introns and arranging the exons in different orders
Original post by shooting_stars
Oh okay I think I did that! The process of splicing, removing introns and arranging the exons in different orders

Yes!!!
Reply 493
I put about post transcript changes in mRNA as the exons can be in different orders so you get a different sequence of bases, amino acids and primary structure.

I thought it was awful. I could've cried about the pollen question but I didn't have time.
Is there a poll of how hard people thought the exam was?
Reply 495
Original post by Anon113
Well ****-a-doodle-do, we are thrilled.

If the picture was of that quality I would have out rer........ Did not look rough in the pixelated picture!
Original post by drjay24
If the picture was of that quality I would have out rer........ Did not look rough in the pixelated picture!

They did give context though. They spoke about the production of antibodies.

What's involved in the production of extracellular proteins? Clearly rER.
Original post by drjay24

I agree, the quality was ****ing awful. Edexcel should really not include questions like this if the quality is no good.
Reply 498
**** my life
Reply 499
Does anyone remember how many marks was the rER question? :frown: 4? I put golgi :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending