The Student Room Group

3C and 4C Government and Politics 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by shhc97
i strongly feel broken branch of congress will pop up...

I get that feeling too but not sure if its worth revising right now because it came up in 2013
Reply 601
Original post by Mugiiwara
I get that feeling too but not sure if its worth revising right now because it came up in 2013

i dont know if i should revise a 45 marker on fed or broken branch?
Original post by shhc97
i dont know if i should revise a 45 marker on fed or broken branch?

I think if you got imperial/imperil and 1 or 2 more of the predicted essays down then you could maybe do broken branch if you're feeling confident. I don't think fed might come up but if it does I'm screwed that's for sure :biggrin:

Btw this is the broken branch essay if you're interested: http://ussmokefilledroom.blogspot.co.uk/2015/05/is-congress-broken-branch.html
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 603
OK SO, if all else fails remember that Jina ernsT based her senate campaign for Iowa on castrating pigs, appealing to the rural constituents of Iowa and claiming she would make 'washington squeal' XD!!
Reply 604
Original post by Mugiiwara
I think if you got imperial/imperil and 1 or 2 more of the predicted essays down then you could maybe do broken branch if you're feeling confident. I don't think fed might come up but if it does I'm screwed that's for sure :biggrin:

i dont think it will either tbh. im just gonna write up some plans and high light haha! dont worry about it just kill revision now! really hoping the 15 markers are nice :/
Original post by gijina
OK SO, if all else fails remember that Jina ernsT based her senate campaign for Iowa on castrating pigs, appealing to the rural constituents of Iowa and claiming she would make 'washington squeal' XD!!

lol! :smile:

Original post by shhc97
i dont think it will either tbh. im just gonna write up some plans and high light haha! dont worry about it just kill revision now! really hoping the 15 markers are nice :/

Yes please lets hope for a good exam guys! See you on the other side! :smile:
Good luck everyone hope it goes good for all of yoy
Yayy it was a nice paper. I had expected the worst.
I was so excited about imperial presidencies that I wrote a ton about it in the President 45 marker. Did I dun goof?

I swung it as in persuasion was not the most important power since there have been occasions in which Presidents have used far greater (illegitimate) powers

I didnt even know what the 'power to persuade' even was until after the exam lol, said it wasn't even close to his most significant power since veto and ability to appoint justices etc were more important because of that. Did like 1 para for it being the most important and like 6 against

also why was Dick Cheney so powerful? Desperately dont want to ever see my textbook again
thought it was really good. much better than 3c
Reply 610
Yes great president 45 marker!!!
For the senate question did it only ask you to answer one side for superiority or could u have talked about the extent
Original post by Pato1
Yes great president 45 marker!!!

would you mind listing yur factors briefly? Clueless whether it went well or diabolically terribly
Was that congress 45 marker basically broken branch??
i feel so scared
what did people write for the constitutional protection question? I think I did it wrong :frown:
it was a good paper eh - my 45 marker was a bit mmm - but i fell good
Original post by sam1793
For the senate question did it only ask you to answer one side for superiority or could u have talked about the extent

it was one sided
What did people write for the congress question?:frown: it was horrible!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by XiuXiu
would you mind listing yur factors briefly? Clueless whether it went well or diabolically terribly

i said
for
congress sole legislating power
Checks and balances - wars powers act
Partisanship - lack of political consensus

Against
president powers - recess apointment
public support
aha, looks like I messed up then. Oh well, I think I'll get marks for other things in the essay, will maybe be able to scrape a decent mark

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending