The Student Room Group

2016 WJEC A2-Level Biology, HB4/BY4

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ForeverAStudent1
Does anyone know if we're able to resit either of our A2 exams of BY4 or BY5 if we dont do so well?
Considering we are the last year with this specification i think.

You can, the AS are on new spec but people were still able to resit old spec by1&2 this year.
Respiration was both the ten marker options last year, and no photoperiodism or pest control came up. Also there wasnt too much on nerve transmissions.
So they'll all probably be in tomorrows paper

I think there will be section on microbiology too for sure
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by wwwwwwwwwwwf
You can, the AS are on new spec but people were still able to resit old spec by1&2 this year.

Do you think we would have to retake the whole year and stay for a 3rd year in college or could we continue to study in university and just resit the exam in june with independent studying?
Original post by ForeverAStudent1
Do you think we would have to retake the whole year and stay for a 3rd year in college or could we continue to study in university and just resit the exam in june with independent studying?

There would be no classes on the old spec, you'd have to learn it independently
any predictions on the 10 markers? defo think there will be a question on photoperiodism since its only ever come up once.
Original post by Shreyagand98
any predictions on the 10 markers? defo think there will be a question on photoperiodism since its only ever come up once.

kidney, synapse, population growth, maybe even nitrogen cycle (i pray and hope)
I have a feeling there'll be a 10 marker on population growth or pencillin production using a batch fermenter.
Reply 27
I hope photoperiodism and batch fermentation never come up. Or even specifying between integrated pest control system and the other one that I don't even know. I've been doing last papers and these stuff rarely ever came up so I haven't really revised them.
Reply 28
How was it?????????
Reply 29
Original post by mattyk5
How was it?????????

Weird :frown: lots of application
Worst by4 I've ever seen - winged most of it
There was a hell of a lot of application of biology questions today... Even AS descriptions of collagen! Was not expecting that haha. But the ten markers at the end were lovely
Nice essays but the rest was awful. I got the glycerol and fatty acids the other way round 😭😭 damn.
Reply 33
Yeah I agree there was a lot of application but the essays were a gift from God :smile:
Reply 34
I agree the essay was nice, i picked the photosynthesis one and was good. Hopefully the grade boundaries are low
Reply 35
Original post by 3mma_gal96
Worst by4 I've ever seen - winged most of it

Original post by BubbleLover98
Nice essays but the rest was awful. I got the glycerol and fatty acids the other way round 😭😭 damn.

This exactly..
Reply 36
the essays were good but I found all the application really tricky! I put answers for everything but just didn't know if it was right and think I lost a lot of marks:frown: I need an A aswell
I didn't do BY4, I did HB4 and the paper was actually very standard. It was definitely one of the nicer papers!
Reply 38
agreed, not many questions from previous past papers. lots of application questions but managed to figure most out, what do you think was the hardest? grade boundaries????
Reply 39
HB4 was easy? dont they have the same grade boundaries?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending