The Student Room Group

Edexcel D1 - 17th June, 2016 [Exam discussion]

Scroll to see replies

Praying scheduling without a Gantt chart doesn't come up...that video is great though.
Original post by willmotg
Praying scheduling without a Gantt chart doesn't come up...that video is great though.

If anything it might lower the boundaries? :dontknow:
Original post by Student403
If anything it might lower the boundaries? :dontknow:

With any luck :s-smilie:
Hopefully a Gantt chart comes up but not scheduling. Think I will cry if scheduling comes up

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by iMacJack
Hopefully a Gantt chart comes up but not scheduling. Think I will cry if scheduling comes up

Posted from TSR Mobile

"Schedule these activities using the minimum number of workers"

????????????????? :frown:

Man I know, I will honestly have a breakdown :frown:

It's time-consuming, but the video posted above is a great tutorial - basically, if you have a choice then use the activity with the lowest finish time, but always check that it works when you give it to the first available worker. :smile:
Can anyone tell me a quick method of how to know whether the region to shade in linear programming is above the line or below the line if you're given 6x + 5y <= 60
Original post by splashywill
Can anyone tell me a quick method of how to know whether the region to shade in linear programming is above the line or below the line if you're given 6x + 5y <= 60

X>5
Shade below
X<5
Shade above

Just shade the opposite to what the arrow is saying
Original post by splashywill

Take nice points around the line and test them. Eg you know (5,6) is a point (as you can see from drawing the line) so move x like 1 to the right and see that it becomes 36+30 = 66, which isn't right. Move y up one and that gives you 30 + 35 = 65. So can't move y any further up or to the right, so the area is going to be bounded by the line, the x and y axis.
Original post by willmotg
It's time-consuming, but the video posted above is a great tutorial - basically, if you have a choice then use the activity with the lowest finish time, but always check that it works when you give it to the first available worker. :smile:

Thanks, yeah!
Original post by iMacJack
Man I know, I will honestly have a breakdown :frown:

Chin up mate it's alright! Remember if D1 doesn't go as well as you hoped, you'll still get an A! And getting even 70 UMS in D1 will allow you to get the A* with minimal effort at A2
What will we have to prove (for tomorrow)? pls help!

P = x + 3y
Therefore
30 = x + 3y is the objective line
gradient of -1/3
(edited 7 years ago)

I'm not sure on that question as well! Pls let me know if you get the answer for it- the mark scheme isn't clear about it.
Original post by CutieTootsie
who else has barely done any revision for D1?

Me but I really not need to do D1 as my six other units: Fp1,FP2,D2,S2,S1 and S3 will be better.
Original post by thelegend99
What will we have to prove (for tomorrow)? pls help!

No proof but definition of a couple like

Matching
Path
Route
Difference between Prim & Kruskal
Why dummies are used
Original post by Pablo Picasso
No proof but definition of a couple like

Matching
Path
Route
Difference between Prim & Kruskal
Why dummies are used

I saw something where you had to prove the no of valencies that are odd occur in pairs or something?
Reply 358
Original post by Pablo Picasso
P = 3x + y
Therefore
30 = 3x + y is the objective line

umm, I kinda get what your doing here, could you explain it please?

I was thinking, the cost of y = 3x.
So the total cost would be, 3x+x ?

@thelegend99
Original post by target21859
I did well last year apart from M1 haha. Thanks for the kind words of encouragement. Much appreciated. Still sucks I have D1 and M2 on the same day :biggrin:

I have a clash between Core 4 (AQA) and Decision 1 (Edexcel) with 25% Extra Time C4, 50% extra time in D1. Total exam time 4hrs 13 mins excluding my supervised rest breaks. Really looking forward to tomorrow.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending