The Student Room Group

CCEA GCSE exams 2016 *official only CCEA thread*

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Strudell
I thought I got this one right and I got 17, but overall I thought it was a tricky- but nice paper. Definitely separated those who revised from those who didn't. Dreading ad maths tomorrow- gonna hope its alright- only 3 left then!

I have physics just buzzing
Original post by rl15
image.jpg I can't get question 1😭

oh my goodness sorry for the late reply...

so first of all, write down any equations relating, so you have x-y=8 and then the one given. Make y the subject of the first equation (x-y=8 becomes y=x+8) and then substitute into the second equation.
Assign a letter to the second equation eg a so you have 4x squared - 3(x+8) squared = a (sorry if that doesn't make sense, not sure how else to type it)

Multiply brackets and simplify so you have one equation, then differentiate. Set the differentiated equation equal to 0 (because we want a min) and solve for x. Verify that it is a min by differentiating again and then go back to the very first equation (x-y=8) and fill in x to find y :smile: Hope that helped a bit and sorry again for the late reply!!!! x
Reply 902
Original post by Vickyahunter
It's on the home page of the further maths microsite under the specimen papers.
It should be here:
http://www.rewardinglearning.org.uk/microsites/mathematics/further_gcse/support/

Thankyou!
Original post by Cashmere_Cologne
Yeah I found it okay, but the colour change question; was the second part about copper carbonate and was the colour change green to black, I'm not sure ,someone thought it was calcium carbonate and I don't know if I did it right or if they did.

pretty sure it was g-b, lol me and my friend got black-pink:colondollar:
Original post by Okdmd46
An equation was not necessary as it didn't state and was qwc, but it's still accepted I'd say I didn't just to play safe, how hardness is removed by boiling: thermal decomposition to form insoluble or a precipitate of limestone

i had no idea what it was so i was just throwing down anything
Original post by nmeechan
i had no idea what it was so i was just throwing down anything

Lol fair enough
Does anyone have moving images tomorrow?!! Scary bc we're the first year with the new spec arghhh and no past papers apart from an exemplar format with clips I've looked at 7292920 times
Original post by bar73
Thankyou!

Where did u find the 2014 paper, I did it earlier and couldn't get the mark scheme and from that link I can only find specimen papers

Posted from TSR Mobile
oh, rumour around my school ( one of my teachers marks for ccea and apparently she confirmed it?? ) that two of the questions were took off the ICT paper? Any updates?

Praying to lord its that ancuator & central heating question
oh, rumour around my school ( one of my teachers marks for ccea and apparently she confirmed it?? ) that two of the questions were took off the ICT paper? Any updates?

Omg that would be abs amazing! I hope globalisation and the online banking one! I still get nightmares..
Reply 910
Original post by Cluster1
Where did u find the 2014 paper, I did it earlier and couldn't get the mark scheme and from that link I can only find specimen papers

Posted from TSR Mobile

its in the support materials ''
Sample Assessment Mark Scheme for Unit 1''
Original post by chloecam29
Does anyone have moving images tomorrow?!! Scary bc we're the first year with the new spec arghhh and no past papers apart from an exemplar format with clips I've looked at 7292920 times

I had the moving images!! what did you think? Didn't like the industry questions because we had about one week of theory :smile: oh well, hopefully i've done enough for my coursework for it to be okay!!

Tbh the actuator one should be taken off because it wasn't in the spec and they didn't give you any information to apply your knowledge. I didn't have any problems with the central heating one so I hope it stays lol! I don't think my ICT teacher marks for CCEA but when I go back into school to drop off my textbooks I'll definitely ask her! :biggrin:
Reply 913
Anyone else think that further maths was really easy :smile:! Yey might have a chance of an A*
Original post by RJM1802
Anyone else think that further maths was really easy :smile:! Yey might have a chance of an A*

Just checked my answers with my teacher and I think I may gave got an A or A* hopefully!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 915
The only one i didn't know was finding the P and Q in the matrices, but i guessed 2+6 and my friend got that who did working out so hopefully my non-related working out might get 1/2 if it's right lol
What did you get for the vectors question?
What did every body get for the logs question? And the OM vectors question?
Original post by RJM1802
The only one i didn't know was finding the P and Q in the matrices, but i guessed 2+6 and my friend got that who did working out so hopefully my non-related working out might get 1/2 if it's right lol

In terms of overall difficulty, how did you find it and what mark (out of 100) do you think will be needed for an A*

Posted from TSR Mobile
I thought FM was super easy, there's was no complexed questions it was more broken up into lots of easier questions I felt

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest