The Student Room Group

2016 WJEC A2-Level Biology, HB4/BY4

Scroll to see replies

What did you guys put for what would happen to the RQ Value? I said it would be quite high as anaerobic respiration doesnt require oxygen and pyruvate is decarboxylated (produces co2) ?!!!
what was the answer for 2 marks on how the bacteria plate should be disposed of question 1
I don't think the grade boundaries will be that low. I think It'll be about 55 for an A.
Original post by Jamesadams234
guys what did you say for the three marker on why there is a high volume of urine when glucose is in the blood and what was the answer for why virus cannot be grown on a sterile nutrient medium

I think the high volume of urine is because more glucose, not all of it can be reabsorbed, therefore glucose in the filtrate, lower water potential of filtrate so decreases difference between water potential of blood and filtrate, hence less water reabsorbed. Might not be right but I saw something similar in a markscheme before
Where did you put the arrow? I put it witin the pallisade cells?
guys what did you say for the three marker on why there is a high volume of urine when glucose is in the blood and what was the answer for why virus cannot be grown on a sterile nutrient medium

I thought it was to do with people with diabetes don't secrete ADH so the collecting duct remains impermeable and the water can't move out by osmosis so remains in the collecting duct.
I wrote: autoclave for 15 minutes at 120C. Hopefully those two details should give two marks but thinking back I expect you'll need to write something about radiation sterilising it (that isn't mentioned in the teachers guide but hey we're talking WJEC here)
YESS, I WROTE AUTOCLAVE 121 FOR 15 MINUTES! I was going to mention radiation, damn.
Original post by BubbleLover98
Where did you put the arrow? I put it witin the pallisade cells?

same :smile:
Original post by 846023 BubbleLover98
YESS, I WROTE AUTOCLAVE 121 FOR 15 MINUTES! I was going to mention radiation, damn.

I do think it should be two marks for that answer - radiation is never mentioned in the teachers guides an ar as I know
what was the answer for 2 marks on how the bacteria plate should be disposed of question 1

i put sterilised and placed in sealed bags, so many things you could write :/
Original post by samwray
I do think it should be two marks for that answer - radiation is never mentioned in the teachers guides an ar as I know

Yes, hopefully we get those 2 marks. I think it mentions radiation in a textbook I have and I did actually think about writing that down but thought it would be the autoclave one.
Original post by Squashy_josh
same :smile:

was it not in the chloroplast? thylakoid?
Perfect answer ! Should get 2 marks Coz it was state and explain.. I explain was suffecient .
Original post by mattyk5
was it not in the chloroplast? thylakoid?

yeah but chloroplast are in palisade cells
What did everyone get for the alsport syndrome on the loss sensation part? And that plum fly question?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Did anyone find it weird how increasing temperature decreased depolarisation and the refractory period, usually the other way around
Original post by Zwitterion1
I think the high volume of urine is because more glucose, not all of it can be reabsorbed, therefore glucose in the filtrate, lower water potential of filtrate so decreases difference between water potential of blood and filtrate, hence less water reabsorbed. Might not be right but I saw something similar in a markscheme before

I wrote this but I also put on extra paper that ADH is not secreted into blood as osmoreceptors only detect sodium chloride ions, so high glucose has no effect on ADH being released so more urine.
Original post by Squashy_josh
yeah but chloroplast are in palisade cells

ah right okay i cant remember mine
Original post by Zwitterion1
Did anyone find it weird how increasing temperature decreased depolarisation and the refractory period, usually the other way around

Yes, I started thinking that the higher temp was the one that had the greater depolarisation! Had to check that three times and crossed a bit out and re-wrote and ugh yeah, it was a mess and didn't really make sense.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending