The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Hate the word slut and the double standard associated with it. Everyone can do what they like sexually and it's no one else's business, except I suppose their partners. But I personally feel that frequent random gratuitous sex is a bit dehumanising.
Reply 21
There's nothing wrong with it, as long as you keep it to yourself.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by *Stefan*
You said it is 'simply wrong', which is factual.

But as I said, you just rendered your point of view invalid.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think it is a valid opinion. As valid as yours.
Reply 23
Original post by drogon
loose vagina

Original post by Anonymous
Genuine question. What's wrong with someone sleeping with a different person every night or getting off with several people on a night out? As long as you're not in a relationship, contracting STD's or getting pregnant, I don't really understand the problem in society with someone just having fun (and being safe).

I think that's easier said than done. Nobody chooses to contract an STD or conceive an unwanted child. It happens when you don't expect it.

For women it's probably particularly inadvisable, because they tend to be weaker than men. If you're going off alone somewhere with a man you don't know, have no good reason to trust, is potentially under the influence of alcohol, and is much physically stronger than you, to me that seems a little unsafe; you have no idea what he might do.

Also I think when the opportunity for sexual gratification presents itself, people don't always tend to think in the most rational manner. I'm sure that if you look at other people from an objective third party's viewpoint, or even look back at some things you might have done yourself in the past, the extent to which people often suspend their better judgement in return for just a few minutes of gratification that are over before you know it becomes quite apparent.

We're always sort of told that "it's just wrong" and people have come to look down upon it. People can't always put their finger on the reasons for it, and just have that attitude built into them as it's become ingrained into our culture. But there's a reason why our ancestors developed this view over generations of experience. They might be slightly out of date coming from an era where protection didn't exist, but I don't think that's 100% the case.

I don't think this needs to be something that we all judge each other for (unless a person is harming someone else with their actions). I just think that, in an activity where there can be extremely significant risks involved, it's more intelligent to do everything in moderation and take a cautious, level-headed approach rather than just "go out and have fun like there's no tomorrow". That's my opinion.
No it's not. Unless you provide a valid reason (ie not religion), you don't have a point at all.

Posted from TSR Mobile

If the person in question is religious, then their religion is actually a very valid reason for them to do or not do something.

It's only an invalid reason for you, and for atheists.
Nothing and it may be fun for a while, but friends and acquaintances I have known who have been highly active tend to get bored, they have self worth and self esteem issues and ultimately theyd prefer to invest time in a stable loving relationship. To the extent that reputation matters, it can cause you hassle if thats what you become known for. The danger besides STD's and pregnancy is it can mess you up because not everyone can cope with it.
Nope nothing is wrong with it at ALL :colonhash:. And nothing is wrong with incest either but it is still looked down upon. Sooo take a guess.:cookie: :holmes:
Reply 29
Original post by drogon
loose vagina

Having lots of sex has absolutely NO EFFECT on the tightness/looseness of a vagina - don't flatter yourself.
Original post by Wisbey
Good point... From my perspective I'd think they had no self-respect. I could personally never date someone who had, if I knew, a history of this. I wouldn't be able to trust them nor feel there was a bond from sex seeing as they've just been 'passed' around; so to speak. My opinion, the latter, was probably controversial though. Ohwell.

Same here

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk
Original post by Izzebie
Having lots of sex has absolutely NO EFFECT on the tightness/looseness of a vagina - don't flatter yourself.

THANK YOU!

SMH at all the stupid guys who think their dick is big enough to stretch any vagina out. Or that more sex = looser vagina.
Original post by neal95
Maybe because I associate it with the liberal hippy no borders love and peace type and it just doesn't fit with my small c conservative style of thinking. I mean I like the small English countryside towns and villages and the idea of a woman prancing around and spreading her legs for anyone and everyone seems likely to be an affront to the kinds of people in those places. We are English we should take pride in our stiff upper lip culture and conservative polite nature

I'm from a small English countryside town and I know a LOT of girls that have sex with loads of boys (one girl had sex with a boy she'd met five minutes before in a children's pirate ship play area) - sleeping with lots of people isn't an 'affront' to people in the countryside, there's plenty of people who do it here too
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by miapeters
I'm from a small English countryside town and I know a LOT of girls that have sex with loads of boys (one girl had sex with a boy she'd met five minutes before in a children's pirate ship play area) - sleeping with lots of people isn't an 'affront' to people in the countryside, there's plenty of people who do it here too

Yeah but they're not to brazen about it at least the respectable ones. What goes on in people's homes isn't my business however when people flaunt it that angers me
Original post by Anonymous
'utterly disgusting'... excuse me? It's very natural and normal, please don't bring your religious views here if you cannot back them up with a genuine personal opinion

its 'very NATURAL and normal' if its so 'natural' why dosen't the majority of people go sleeping around with multiple people?
It's fine, but obviously not a desirable quality in a partner - it shows an inability to settle for one sexual partner, so people may be uncomfortable entering a relationship with someone who's had a very promiscuous past.
Reply 36
Original post by theBranicAc
its 'very NATURAL and normal' if its so 'natural' why dosen't the majority of people go sleeping around with multiple people?

The "majority" doesn't define what's good or bad. The majority in Saudi Arabia believe women are actually inferior - to think that this is acceptable because of "majority" is hilarious.

Posted from TSR Mobile
The "majority" doesn't define what's good or bad. The majority in Saudi Arabia believe women are actually inferior - to think that this is acceptable because of "majority" is hilarious.

Posted from TSR Mobile

alright then, then if its so natural and normal why does so many people think it is wrong/bad to be a slut
I don't think there is anything wrong with it. As long as you use protection and STD free, then have fun I guess.
If it makes you happy then I don't see what's wrong with it. Just don't make it that vocal because you will get judged and may get isolated from society.

Latest

Trending

Trending