The Student Room Group

AS Biology CCEA AB111

Predictions for unit 1 on Thursday 16th??

Scroll to see replies

Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

You can also find the Exam Thread list for A-levels here and GCSE here. :dumbells:

Just quoting in Puddles the Monkey so she can move the thread if needed :h:

Spoiler

Original post by Barrtender
Predictions for unit 1 on Thursday 16th??

I'll move this to the biology section for you :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Thank god I found this. I thought Bio 1 was on Friday haha!
I've been looking for one of these also! Im in panic mode about tomorrow😢 Any predictions or tips would be much appreciated
Reply 5
I think tissues and organs may come up as the 15 marker, the villus and leaf maybe, haven't seen it in any recent past papers
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Aodhan17
I think tissues and organs may come up as the 15 marker, the villus and leaf maybe, haven't seen it in any recent past papers

One of my least favourite topics 😰
I havent seen enzymes up since 2011 as an essay though!
How prepared are you??
Reply 7
Not at all, it's going to absolutely kill me, I have a clash with politics so I'm in my last hour of prep, enzymes is easy enough, tissues and organs is my least favourite topic too
Reply 8
Original post by Bubbles98
One of my least favourite topics 😰
I havent seen enzymes up since 2011 as an essay though!
How prepared are you??

Not at all, it's going to absolutely kill me, I have a clash with politics so I'm in my last hour of prep, enzymes is easy enough, tissues and organs is my least favourite topic too

I quite like tissues and organs section so i'd be really happy with either as the essay question. If enzymes came up, would it just be effect of temp/ph/substrate and enzyme conc or is there anything else they could ask?
Reply 9
Original post by ozmo19
I quite like tissues and organs section so i'd be really happy with either as the essay question. If enzymes came up, would it just be effect of temp/ph/substrate and enzyme conc or is there anything else they could ask?

They could ask about immobilisation and its advantages but other than that there isn't anything else
Reply 10
They could ask about immobilisation and its advantages but other than that there isn't anything else

They could make that maybe 8 marks total but not any more. Maybe they'll tie it in with another topic if they do
Original post by ozmo19
They could make that maybe 8 marks total but not any more. Maybe they'll tie it in with another topic if they do

They could split the essay like they've done in previous years part of it could be about effect of enzymes and the other on immobilisation!
I dont mind to be honest as long as its not on organic molecules!!
Any other predictions?
Anyone have the unofficial mark scheme for today's exam?
Reply 13
They could split the essay like they've done in previous years part of it could be about effect of enzymes and the other on immobilisation!
I dont mind to be honest as long as its not on organic molecules!!
Any other predictions?

Did you write that essay question:tongue:?
Original post by ozmo19
Did you write that essay question:tongue:?

I'm just really good at predictions! Always spend more time predicting than revising! Done the same for history and sociology 😂😂
Reply 15
I'm just really good at predictions! Always spend more time predicting than revising! Done the same for history and sociology 😂😂

Im usually good with predictions. Was waiting for preparing root tip squashes today but they didn't come up. Prepared for the exact essay question this morning though so it went ok

Predictions for AS 2 Bubbles?!
Reply 17
I was happy with the essay quest but the rest of the paper was not nice ☹️ That block diagram was horrific
Bloody loved that block diagram could label all the layers so was happy enough whereas didn't know enzyme immbolisation as well unfortunately
Reply 19
How are you supposed to draw one hahaha I got enough labels on but I don't think it looked right

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending