The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jneill
They will already have STEP including the transcript. Just UMS needs to be sent.

Whoops. Thanks for clarifying!
Original post by PhysicsIP2016
Ah, yes D1 is the devils child (I've still got that one on Friday, sadly). Don't worry, the pure units are the most important as you say and it sounds as though S2 was decent! :smile: It's natural to think that something has gone awfully wrong if it was unexpected, so I'm sure you have done well.

What's your offer if you don't mind me asking?

A*AA (maths/bio/psych in any order), plus E in further maths (technically - they listed it on my offer but didn't specify a grade so I presume I need an E). I'm going for A* in psych and maths in case one falls through. My AS average was good enough that applied doesn't really matter so long as I nail C3/4, but I wanted an A in FM and I'm not good enough at FP2 for that unless I have an A in an applied unit too :frown:

But yeah, that was just awful. Really ambiguous LP question with three variables, and an activity network waaay more complicated than anything that's ever come up before - again with some really ambiguous wording. And I'm pretty sure the graphs question just threw in new terminology that's not even in the book :facepalm:

Good luck for Friday!
Original post by Mostly_Crazy
A*AA (maths/bio/psych in any order), plus E in further maths (technically - they listed it on my offer but didn't specify a grade so I presume I need an E). I'm going for A* in psych and maths in case one falls through. My AS average was good enough that applied doesn't really matter so long as I nail C3/4, but I wanted an A in FM and I'm not good enough at FP2 for that unless I have an A in an applied unit too :frown:

But yeah, that was just awful. Really ambiguous LP question with three variables, and an activity network waaay more complicated than anything that's ever come up before - again with some really ambiguous wording. And I'm pretty sure the graphs question just threw in new terminology that's not even in the book :facepalm:

Good luck for Friday!

That sounds like a good plan! Definitely C3 and C4 are the most important ones, as long as you feel comfortable with the topics then an A* in Maths is definitely achievable :smile:

That sounds nasty! I'm sure other people will have also found it difficult too if you did, so that A in FM is still possible :smile: I know I didn't do well on my FP2 paper last week so I totally understand how you may be feeling right now, but it will all be okay!
Original post by C0balt
I hope everything's going well for you...4 down for me and 7 more to go with C3 tomorrow morning. Gl everyone

How was C3?
Original post by Messier31
How was C3?

I fortunately did well but it was a horrible paper - the petition for lower gb has 7.5k signatures :lol: It's so pointless to do a petition as gb is decided based on distribution but it's quite impressive
Original post by C0balt
I fortunately did well but it was a horrible paper - the petition for lower gb has 7.5k signatures :lol: It's so pointless to do a petition as gb is decided based on distribution but it's quite impressive

From this morning? Desperate people do desperate things I guess

Good that you did well though
Original post by Messier31
From this morning? Desperate people do desperate things I guess

Good that you did well though

AQA C3 was yesterday
Kind of on track so far.
m3-4 shud be 100 S3 who cares.
Step I think I missed the S again.
Step II maybe S not sure,
Step III have to get the S now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by physicsmaths
Kind of on track so far.
Posted from TSR Mobile

I stopped reading at M4, tears started filling me eyes.

C/D in M4 is not gonna matter that much to Cambridge right? They would know I just didn't have time to do past papers, no? Gonna try to get 100 UMS in M5 and FP3 to compensate for that. FP3 is not gonna be difficult, but I am gonna do quite a few papers this week for that 100UMS in M5.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Insight314

C/D in M4 is not gonna matter that much to Cambridge right? They would know I just didn't have time to do past papers, no? Gonna try to get 100 UMS in M5 and FP3 to compensate for that. FP3 is not gonna be difficult, but I am gonna do quite a few papers this week for that 100UMS in M5.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was surprised I didn't make a mistake in M4 since I expected to as I had done around 6-7 papers which normally isn't a lot.
I don't think I will get 100 in M5 though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Insight314

Posted from TSR Mobile

I duno, it won't matter that much tbh especially if you meet step.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Edexcel really exploited the whole "A2 is synoptic" element by making around 80% of our Bio unit 4 paper AS instead of A2. Unfair seeing as the people who are retaking would have been able to do the majority of it
I'm off to Warwick. :wavey:
Original post by Zacken
I'm off to Warwick. :wavey:

I'll see you there :rofl:
Kind of on track so far.
Step I think I xxx.
Step II maybe xxx ,
Step III have to get the S now.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Shh... (but cool :smile: )
Original post by jneill
Shh... (but cool :smile: )

Hope they let me in with S,1.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hope they let me in with S,1.

Posted from TSR Mobile

whats your offer??
Original post by StrangeBanana
whats your offer??

S,1 A*A*. Fairly sure I will miss the A level.

Posted from TSR Mobile

huh cos of physics?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think I've said it before, but I'll eat my hat if they reject you if you miss the A-levels but hit STEP.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending