Advice for theese a levels?

Computer Science, Economics, Maths and Physics

How hard would you rate theese subjects on a scale of 1 - 10
1 as easiest or 1 as hardest?
Reply 2
Original post by theBranicAc

You shouldn't be thinking how hard they are.

Instead, think about how much work you're likely to put in and whether you'll enjoy them.
Choose anything you want, except English.
These*
Reply 4
Original post by mghanduri
1 as easiest or 1 as hardest?

no 1 as easiest 10 as hardest
Reply 5
Original post by jamestg
You shouldn't be thinking how hard they are.

Instead, think about how much work you're likely to put in and whether you'll enjoy them.

i enjoy all of it i would just like to know how hard it is to perpare my self
Reply 6
i enjoy all of it i would just like to know how hard it is to perpare my self

All A-levels are hard in their own ways.

The best way to prepare yourself - relax. You'll be doing a lot of work over the coming two years.

IMO if your into that kind of stuff, I do economics too. And although economic theory may be easy it will feel like bare effort doing essays and all the definitions you will need to revise.
If you like maths you should consider doing further maths.
No experience in it but I hear Maths and Physics are pretty heavy on the exam side of things.
Reply 9
6 6 7 9
Original post by Maths is Life
IMO if your into that kind of stuff, I do economics too. And although economic theory may be easy it will feel like bare effort doing essays and all the definitions you will need to revise.
If you like maths you should consider doing further maths.

i like maths, but ive already got 4 a levles , otherwise i would take further maths, but anyways i can teach my sell further maths

Original post by HazMusicPanda
No experience in it but I hear Maths and Physics are pretty heavy on the exam side of things.

how much exams are there?
how much exams are there?

I don't know but a guy in my Spanish class takes Maths and Physics (I think) and he said he has 11 exams or something. There's only one for Spanish. (this is A2 though and syllabuses are changing and all. and I may have misheard but there is more than 1)
e, π, τ, φ
Only studied maths and physics up to AS so far
Maths: 4
It was my easiest subject, despite at the start thinking it would be really tough. Make sure you understand the content first time round and then do every past paper for your board and more, you should do well.
Physics:7
Definitely harder than maths imo, but if you work hard then its quite manageable. Again make sure your on top of the work from the start then begin papers early.
Good Luck:smile:
Original post by Yua
6 6 7 9

physics can not be that hard, especailly that I'm good at maths

Original post by HopelessMedic
Only studied maths and physics up to AS so far
Maths: 4
It was my easiest subject, despite at the start thinking it would be really tough. Make sure you understand the content first time round and then do every past paper for your board and more, you should do well.
Physics:7
Definitely harder than maths imo, but if you work hard then its quite manageable. Again make sure your on top of the work from the start then begin papers early.
Good Luck:smile:

in what way is physics much harder than maths, if physics is basically maths
I do comp sci and maths. Both are pretty hard. Found maths especially hard this year. Comp Sci can be a bit slow at times and binary arithmetic is pretty hard but most of the content is OK. Just keep on top of everything you need to do and you'll be fine (y)
physics can not be that hard, especailly that I'm good at maths

Maybe it is, but unfortunately the exams are very different imo . I found physics exams more difficult than maths, opposite to how I felt at GCSE. GCSE physics is basically putting numbers into a formula they give you.
Economics is not THAT hard. Probably the easiest out of what you have there, although I found the OCR mark scheme a real pain.

Just be aware that economics isn't all number based. In fact it's mostly essay based and written, though I remember having to do some number work with supply and demand and balance sheets, and a whole load of graphs lol.

Quick Reply

Latest