The Student Room Group

Decided to leave Islam after Orlando attack. AMA.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
I don't want to be part of a religion which condones killing people like my brother for who they are.

Then you clearly don't have an understanding of your own religion or the attack itself. This attack was done by ONE man, quite clearly ill in the head to commit such a crime. That is not representative of the millions of Islamic's that condemn murder and encourage peace.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by RobML
Doesn't take a chef to say that the food is **** :mmm:

I prefer 'you don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.' :wink:
Original post by Reachin4TheStars
Anytime!!! :smile: & That's rlly good! :biggrin: LOOL yh some ppl are like tht, but sometimes it's just forgetting rlly, so yh.
I'm so lost rn, tryna read my friends writing, which is just about as curly as her hair. & Trust me her hair is curly. :colone:

What's her race lol and yours? :colone:
You did't read the article lol

he joined a terrorist group before doing the attack. Don't post foolishness mate. Just google his name Omar Mateen. He joined ISIL. So sure he might've agreed to be a martyr for his own struggles but he still was apart of a terrorist group ok.
Original post by 0to100
What's her race lol and yours? :colone:

She's British Asian,
& So am I, :s-smilie:
You say that but look at where the problems are in the world right now. Wars in Muslim countries, oppression of women in Muslim countries, hanging of homosexuals in Muslim countries. Not saying this does't happen elsewhere but you can't say that Islam encourages peace. Look at these Muslim countries. They're far from peaceful.
Original post by Reachin4TheStars
She's British Asian,
& So am I, :s-smilie:

:K: What's your religion?
WTF? It's like saying we can cut all the trees in the world if we want, they aren't like people they have no rights....
Original post by 0to100
he joined a terrorist group before doing the attack. Don't post foolishness mate. Just google his name Omar Mateen. He joined ISIL. So sure he might've agreed to be a martyr for his own struggles but he still was apart of a terrorist group ok.

ISIL are Islamic extremists and are NOT representative of the millions of peaceful Islamic's.

Original post by TheStudent19
You say that but look at where the problems are in the world right now. Wars in Muslim countries, oppression of women in Muslim countries, hanging of homosexuals in Muslim countries. Not saying this does't happen elsewhere but you can't say that Islam encourages peace. Look at these Muslim countries. They're far from peaceful.

See above.
Original post by silvercloud6
If you want to know more I would urge you to watch videos and lectures on islam and the Quran by eminent muslim scholars like Dr. Zakir Nayak

You may as well know: there's no quicker way to discredit yourself in a discussion about religion/Islam than to cite a demagogic charlatan like Naik.

Original post by nucdev
:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

I'm sorry, I CANNOT take you seriously if you think Zakir Naik is trustworthy and should be listened to! :rofl:

Damn, you beat me to it. :sad:
(edited 7 years ago)
It's not just ISIL. The way these countries are run is horrific.

And ISIL are significant enough even if they are just "a few extremists". They've turned the middle east into a **** show.
Original post by sfaraj
the religion has rules yes, bu the guy didnt do it for religion, he pledged alligence to 3 rival terrorist groups when he called 911.

do you really think all muslims around the world have rejoiced and are partying? no, the media doesn't show this but countless muslims have gone to remember those who died in orlando. if you look carefully you will spot them

but your opinion i cant force you to stay although tdo think about it and read into islam and homosexuality first

i condemned this attack and thought it was absolutely horrific, its one of the scariest things for me to think about

Hate to be that guy, but

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBlwxqqAprQ

That's down to the individuals in charge, not the religion itself.

Christianity, Islam, Judaism etc; much evil has been done in the name of a faith, but these are extremists who are twisted and evil and choose to interpret things differently from the rest.
The individuals in charge follow Islam and behave in a way that Islam says is OK. Of course it's down to the individuals, but which Muslim countries have similar freedoms to the western world? Did they all just happen to get bad leaders? Or does Islam have an influence here?

The King Saul of Israel the 1st king there, was ordered by God to kill all the people of Amalek and their king Agag which is now a region of the Levant. These people were seen as violent and brutal and hateful and were ordered to be wiped out so they don't commit these acts in the future. It's said that this explains the recurrent war between Jews and Muslims, that Jews brought this upon themselves because Saul didn't kill all of them like he was ordered too. So I feel bad for neither Jews nor Muslims and see it the cruelty of Islam as fateful and the Jew's fault alone. :h:
The stupidity and ignorance of your remark amuses me.
ISIL are Islamic extremists and are NOT representative of the millions of peaceful Islamic's.

See above.

Oh hush.

Hush again. These territories are governed by Muslim theology are you actually mad right now playing the blind liberal :nothing:
(edited 5 years ago)
lol
Original post by Anonymous
I don't want to be part of a religion that condones the killing of homosexuals.

islam does not condemn the killing of anyone let alone homosexuals,

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending