The Student Room Group

Labour MP Jo Cox killed in shooting incident in West Yorkshire

Scroll to see replies

Original post by iEthan
Oh good god, cut it out. This is nothing to do with my being a member of the Support Team. A woman has died and both campaigns have been suspended to show respect for her death which was both barbaric and senseless.

Stop quoting me and behave
Original post by J_C_
What is your definition of "nationalist" that Corbyn fits into?

He said he loves his country.
Original post by nutcase13
ok lets just assume a close freind or loved one of yours was murdered brutally, would you just forget about it and go to work? You forget that a lot of the people in the campaign were close freinds with her.

I probably would carry on doing my job. I have a client that I am responsible for.
Original post by DiddyDec
I probably would carry on doing my job. I have a client that I am responsible for.

somehow i doubt that, but ok i'll take your word for it
Original post by Thutmose-III
I actually do think it is more "important". Not sadder or more tragic, but it certainly has much larger implications when a representative of the people is killed particularly if it was for political reasons. It has the possibility of influencing the political process in an unwarranted manner.

Funny enough some leave voter on the labour page said they're voting in because she was killed, and I asked how that had any bearing on how she would vote. She replied because the bloke was a white supramacist and she didn't want to be associated with that. Honestly I attempted to reason with her but then I thought cba arguing with morons haha.
Why is an elected member more important than your average joe getting murdered?

An attack on an MP is an attack on our political system. It undermines the means we have of settling disagreements in this country, which is supposed to be the democratic process.

Besides which, she was a part of the same political process as many of the core members of each campaign. It would obviously be callous in the extreme for her colleagues to carry on as though nothing had happened.

I wasn't going to bother responding to this, but I see you've continued to make these troll posts. I have to inform you that they are not hip, edgy, or clever.
Reply 306
I was thinking the very same, I don't see the same public outcry when your average joe gets shot. You certainly don't get the Arch Bishop tweeting about you.

Lee Rigby?
Reply 307
Update 1830 Widely quoted local admits he didn’t hear “Britain First”
Local restaurant owner Hicham Ben Abdallah, widely quoted across the media as having claimed Mr. Mair shouted, “Britain First” has told Breitbart London “No, no. I did not hear that”.
Original post by TimmonaPortella
An attack on an MP is an attack on our political system. It undermines the means we have of settling disagreements in this country, which is supposed to be the democratic process.

This, 1000%.

Violence against elected politicians for political reasons is a particularly pernicious act. It is effectively an attack on the public itself. Equally, we view terrorism more seriously than random acts of non-ideological violence because, again, it fundamentally undermines the means we have agreed to settle disputes.
(edited 7 years ago)
There is no sense of duty in Britain anymore. People don't jump in to help people. It's the same with that Muslim nutter in Leytonstone tube station. People would rather film **** with their phones
Original post by neal95
There is no sense of duty in Britain anymore. People don't jump in to help people. It's the same with that Muslim nutter in Leytonstone tube station. People would rather film **** with their phones

except in this case someone did
Original post by EuanF
Update 1830 Widely quoted local admits he didn’t hear “Britain First”
Local restaurant owner Hicham Ben Abdallah, widely quoted across the media as having claimed Mr. Mair shouted, “Britain First” has told Breitbart London “No, no. I did not hear that”.

Hicham Ben Abdallah wasn't the the one who claimed the attacker said "Britain First". It was a man called Aamir Tahir
why are some people just so disgustingly evil?
I'm a leave voter but frankly it is pissing me off to see how desperately Breitbart-type people are playing down the political/ideological angle while playing up the mental illness one.

That is pretty much in direct contradiction of everything they said in the immediate aftermath of the Orlando attack
Reply 314
Original post by Thutmose-III
Hicham Ben Abdallah wasn't the the one who claimed the attacker said "Britain First". It was a man called Aamir Tahir

Wasn't the only one.
Aamir Tahir admits he wasn't present.
Original post by nutcase13
except in this case someone did

Yeah one person others could have prevented this death may it lie on their souls and burden them till the day they die
Reply 316
Original post by otester
He said he loves his country.

That doesn't make him a nationalist. To give you a point of reference, Adolf Hitler, Donald Trump and Nick Griffin are generally considered to be nationalists. A less extreme example would be Alex Salmond, but Corbyn doesn't align with him either.
Original post by neal95

I'm sure you would have leapt valiantly to this MP's defence, grabbed the gun out of the nutter's hand, executed a sweet kick to his chest, knocked him to the floor, and saved the day.

Oh if only you had been there.
Original post by Betelgeuse-
Sky news interviewed a guy who said he did not hear that shouted..

One witness said the man attacked a 76 year old man of which Jo tried to intervene and was murdered...

Do you see the problem here? We have conflicting stories of what happened and what was said

Of course this is me professing my love for murderous terrorists :colonhash:

So far on this thread we've had posters claiming this was a conspiracy by the remain camp, others saying that PC culture was to blame and now you claiming he was 'mentally ill'.

This place makes me despair, anything to avoid recognising the problem with far right extremists.

A beautiful women and a wonderful mother had her life taken, perhaps show some sympathy rather than seeking to do all you can to defend the far right.
Original post by EuanF
Wasn't the only one.
Aamir Tahir admits he wasn't present.

I'm correcting what you said. You claimed Hicham was the one who asserted the attacker shouted "Britain first". You claimed, essentially, that this had been withdrawn. You were either lying, or you were unaware of that. Either way, you should edit your post to reflect that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending