The Student Room Group

Decided to leave Islam after Orlando attack. AMA.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheStudent19
The individuals in charge follow Islam and behave in a way that Islam says is OK. Of course it's down to the individuals, but which Muslim countries have similar freedoms to the western world? Did they all just happen to get bad leaders? Or does Islam have an influence here?

Islam is no more violent than other religions were. Again, it is down to how individuals/groups interpret teachings and how they choose to live their lives.

Original post by 0to100
Hush again. These territories are governed by Muslim theology are you actually mad right now playing the blind liberal :nothing:

I am actually genuinely surprised at how ignorant you are being, as I perceived you as an intelligent guy. I am not going to hate on an innocent group of people because individuals within that group are hateful and enact violence.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by pelaitsc45
How the **** can you say it's a religion of peace after this shooting and the countless other terrorist attacks in the name of Allah.

Jesus christ, it's not only disrespectful, but downright stupid.

Twisted ideology, but people perceive it in different ways but the instigators of these various perceptions have led to these countless acts of brutality. I wouldn't call it downright stupid
Original post by 0to100
So I feel bad for neither Jews nor Muslims and see it the cruelty of Islam as fateful and the Jew's fault alone. :h:

I don't think I get your point my friend. How can we blame Jews for Muslims running their country's the way they do? Muslims kill other gay Muslims in the name of Islam, what does that have to do with Jews? Islam influences the way these "leaders" behave and as a result their countries oppress countless groups.
You're trying to brush this off as if the problems in Muslim countries right now are just the result of a few twisted people. They're not. The problems are a result of Islam and it's teachings.

Nobody here is saying they hate Muslims personally. We're criticising the ideology and the effect it has had on the modern world.
Original post by Anonymous
Well the Quran wishes death on homosexuals.

Call me semantic... but @The Epicurean.

(It's his niche.)
Reply 225
You saw sense, well done

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've chosen to leave the Islamic faith following the attack on the gay club 4 days ago.

are you crazy? don't blame the religion but blame who did the attack!!!
islam is a peaceful religion it comes from the word salam (peace) in Arabic.
there is a verse in the Quran that says:
"whoever kills a soul unless for a soul or for corruption [done] in the land it is as if he had slain mankind entirely. And whoever saves one it is as if he had saved mankind entirely"

not all muslims are terrorists and not all terrorists are muslims!!!
Did I say it was? I don't remember that post...
It's your afterlife. Just think carefully before making any decisions.

Original post by shivam_chauhan
Are you dumb? of course it bloody does

No it doesn't.
Lmao I'm unintelligent because I disagree with you? I never said hate anyone. I said open your eyes and take off your blurry rose coloured glasses. You literally said Mateen did what he did because of mental issues. Erm that can't be proved. But him joining a group with Islamic foundation can be and has been proved and it is the direct reason that led him to do what he did. I never said ISIL represents Islam, I've said this in other threads time and time again. But it still practices aspects of Islam.

I don't think I get your point my friend. How can we blame Jews for Muslims running their country's the way they do? Muslims kill other gay Muslims in the name of Islam, what does that have to do with Jews? Islam influences the way these "leaders" behave and as a result their countries oppress countless groups.

Did you see what I said? They were ordered by God to kill off the people in a region that is now Muslim. I said it's fate why they continue to argue. I never connected this to oppression or politics, I was discussing a spiritual/religious explanation. I already repped your post and stated myself that the way many countries run by Islam is in fact cruel to their citizens. But I'm just saying what's led the beef between Jews and Muslims to this point. Their real beef is simply historic, not because of what Afghanis go through?
You're trying to brush this off as if the problems in Muslim countries right now are just the result of a few twisted people. They're not. The problems are a result of Islam and it's teachings.

Nobody here is saying they hate Muslims personally. We're criticising the ideology and the effect it has had on the modern world.

Lol exactly what I just said to him :biggrin:
Well the Quran wishes death on homosexuals.

Can you please state the exact aya :biggrin:
I've chosen to leave the Islamic faith following the attack on the gay club 4 days ago.

First of all, fake!

Secondly, then leave, you dont need to come up on here telling everyone, jeeze!😂

Bye
Original post by 0to100
Did you see what I said? They were ordered by God to kill off the people in a region that is now Muslim. I said it's fate why they continue to argue. I never connected this to oppression or politics, I was discussing a spiritual/religious explanation. I already repped your post and stated myself that the way many countries run by Islam is in fact cruel to their citizens. But I'm just saying what's led the beef between Jews and Muslims to this point. Their real beef is simply historic, not because of what Afghanis go through?

Oh I got you now :smile: Yeah I saw the rep thanks for that :biggrin: I was just confused as to where Jews came into this but I got you now.
Oh I got you now :smile: Yeah I saw the rep thanks for that :biggrin: I was just confused as to where Jews came into this but I got you now.

Cool
First of all, fake!

Secondly, then leave, you dont need to come up on here telling everyone, jeeze!😂

Bye

Woa there take it easy we're just discussing as we freely can, so put the knife down and back away from the baby :eek:
Reply 235
At the end of the day it is your choice which you chose due to experiences you have been through, people you have met, the media and now the "trigger" has made you leave Islam...

All holy books are seen by some people, as crazy and have no place in a modern society like these days. But this doesn't stop people believing in them because it is so dear to them. Maybe you have never had that connection with a religion, so spiritual that its the backbone to your life and understanding. As the world evolves so do human beings, some humans use modern day equipment to 'extend their knowledge', however people argue that holy books do not. Modern day equipment as in guns and bombs, but then you can argue that then, it is humans who are in fault in developing those objects. Although they may have been developed for a different purpose, a minority of people interpret its use differently... Can we not say the same thing about a religion? But to some people they argue, why change something (i.e a holy book) when its not 'broken' and is perfect in THEIR eyes? I emphasize on the word 'their', as they aren't yours, so i see no reason why we are dipping our nose into other peoples life?

We all have emotions and different opinions towards different things. We all see the world in a different way, but a little guidance is never wrong. Let one another do what we want and believe in what we love. As there's no point in doing something, half-heartily when your mind is not in the right place. Force, negativity and hurtful remarks never help. What ever happens, happens for a reason.

But please, I stress not to be spiteful towards something, which you know means the world to another person. Does that honestly make you a better person? Make you feel like you've won something over the other person? If yes, then I congratulate you on your low, meaningless and desperate 'win'...

So I wish everyone well in their journey to find that thing, which they cherish and cannot live without. Whether that's happiness, your faith and religion or family (:
(edited 7 years ago)
Need to delete this
(edited 7 years ago)
Tbh the person who said 'it sickens me that Muslims think Islam should be exempt from all criticism', bit of a ridiculous point as Christians wouldn't openly say oh please criticise our bible. We are far from exempt, stop acting like Muslims don't suffer any criticism or discrimination. We do. Every day. Not saying we are the only group but please don't try and pretend you know the life of a Muslim when you aren't one and because you read some quotes taken out of context. I'm not going to say you should all automatically agree with the Quran, tbh if you don't read it in Quranic Arabic and understand the context then yeah you will question it. You don't think Islam anticipates this? It is fine to question things, in fact its encouraged. You're not expected to just lap everything up. No one is asking you to agree with it. Of course there is going to be disagreement and it is entirely your choice if you don't agree with the principles of Islam. But when you let that disagreement or criticism descend into a level of hatred which you can't even justify except by using randomly translated quotes taken out of context, your points become invalid because you have a prejudice. I'm sorry but when people say to me the Bible is flawed and give me quotes to show this, I don't just believe what I hear immediately. I havent read the bible so I will not give any judgement on it until I have done so. Read the Quran, explore the religion, once you have done your research and you STILL think its a hateful, horrendous religon, well thats up to you. As for the Muslims on here, let others think what they think? If they really cared about finding the truth then they would read up themselves and ensure their research is extensive. If they let it become hateful, it's them in the wrong not you.
Tbh the person who said 'it sickens me that Muslims think Islam should be exempt from all criticism', bit of a ridiculous point as Christians wouldn't openly say oh please criticise our bible. We are far from exempt, stop acting like Muslims don't suffer any criticism or discrimination. We do. Every day. Not saying we are the only group but please don't try and pretend you know the life of a Muslim when you aren't one and because you read some quotes taken out of context. I'm not going to say you should all automatically agree with the Quran, tbh if you don't read it in Quranic Arabic and understand the context then yeah you will question it. You don't think Islam anticipates this? It is fine to question things, in fact its encouraged. You're not expected to just lap everything up. No one is asking you to agree with it. Of course there is going to be disagreement and it is entirely your choice if you don't agree with the principles of Islam. But when you let that disagreement or criticism descend into a level of hatred which you can't even justify except by using randomly translated quotes taken out of context, your points become invalid because you have a prejudice. I'm sorry but when people say to me the Bible is flawed and give me quotes to show this, I don't just believe what I hear immediately. I havent read the bible so I will not give any judgement on it until I have done so. Read the Quran, explore the religion, once you have done your research and you STILL think its a hateful, horrendous religon, well thats up to you. As for the Muslims on here, let others think what they think? If they really cared about finding the truth then they would read up themselves and ensure their research is extensive. If they let it become hateful, it's them in the wrong not you.

Oh give me a break. I remember going to lectures all the time and it was literally a normal thing in my mosque for Muslims to ridicule Christianity simply because they have this idea that Islam is the last religion, the perfect religion and completely above everything else (if you disagree with that then you're a liar). How many Muslims claim Christianity isn't the true religion because of the idea that jesus is god and god is jesus etc. There's a lot of arrogance in the Muslim community based on constant criticism of other religions. But once someone says Islam isn't a true religion all hell breaks loose lol. Go cry elsewhere.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lmao at referring to Muslims as "Islamics".

Quick Reply

Latest