The Student Room Group

Edexcel D1 - 17th June, 2016 [Exam discussion]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by splashywill
Ok but what if you've got X<4Y or something

Pick a random point above and below the line, see which one fits the inequality, shade the other side
Reply 381
Original post by thelegend99
Thanks for tagging me in!

So 4X is the total cost?

No, its 3y+x, im not 100% sure how though
Original post by iMacJack
Pick a random point above and below the line, see which one fits the inequality, shade the other side

ok cool thanks
I just want a long list of every definition we'd ever need to know. I get thrown off when I see questions like define a path. Or when it asks how we found the shortest route
image.jpg
Original post by Nikhilm
I don't get why there's a third dummy (the one between G and I). Surely just a solid line would achieve the same thing? Help please!

Out of 5, what would i have gotten for that? That's the hardest i've ever seen
Original post by NotNotBatman
How would you show that K depends on G if it were a solid line?
Jan 16 Q 5 D:

Can someone explain to me how the integer solution for part D is 3,-4? I mean I understand the x-coordinate being 3, but not why the y is -4? Surely the Y value of -5 etc gives a smaller value?...

Thanks.
Original post by lucabrasi98
I just want a long list of every definition we'd ever need to know. I get thrown off when I see questions like define a path. Or when it asks how we found the shortest route

Ikr:/
Original post by NotNotBatman
It pauses between tests, so by the time it's on the 119th scanner it pauses 119 times, but it doesn't have to after the 120th, because it would have finished.

Ahhhh thank you so much!! I somehow managed to block out the fact that each 'test' means going round the whole thing once...me being stupid!
Reply 389
Because its an integer so - 4 is the nearest whole number to the vertex
Original post by Pablo Picasso
image.jpg

3, because K's dependency is wrong.
This is going to sound so dumb but I don't go to school so I don't know much about exam regulations etc... Can we write in pencil?? I get that it probably won't scan or whatever, but what do you do if you draw a line wrong on a given graph or s/t -do you just scribble it out and draw again? Cos that kinda makes it so messy, right?
Jan 16 Q 5 D:

Can someone explain to me how the integer solution for part D is 3,-4? I mean I understand the x-coordinate being 3, but not why the y is -4? Surely the Y value of -5 etc gives a smaller value?...

Thanks.

@NotNotBatman

Thanks!

Y=-5 doesn't lie in the feasible region; check (3,-5) in the inequality 26x-50y <= 325
Original post by Bekah22
This is going to sound so dumb but I don't go to school so I don't know much about exam regulations etc... Can we write in pencil?? I get that it probably won't scan or whatever, but what do you do if you draw a line wrong on a given graph or s/t -do you just scribble it out and draw again? Cos that kinda makes it so messy, right?

Definitely draw your graphs in pencil, you can write in pencil too, but most people will tell you not to.
Original post by Bekah22

Graphs in pencil. Ensure pencil line is dark i.e. do not press lightly. A more sensitive scan is performed go graphs an diagrams so we can use pencil. All other writing back pen.
Reply 396
Original post by Pablo Picasso
image.jpg

I did the exact same thing lol
Reply 397
Original post by Midgeymoo17
Graphs in pencil. Ensure pencil line is dark i.e. do not press lightly. A more sensitive scan is performed go graphs an diagrams so we can use pencil. All other writing back pen.

What about dijkstras and forward/backward scans? I usually make mistakes so I rub it out
Does anyone have any advice on filling out trace tables please? Always seem to struggle with them for some reason, thanks :smile:
Original post by boyyo
What about dijkstras and forward/backward scans? I usually make mistakes so I rub it out

If you ensure its dark/ you press reasonably (not like sketching in art) it should be alright- just the more sensitive scan will definitely not be used so do make sure it is dark.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending