The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

Pgce 2016 ?

Hi guys, as I can't find a topic on this I was just wondering if anyone else has applied for a PGCE at UEA for 2016, or like me already has a place ?
Hello!

Original post by hayjes02
Hi guys, as I can't find a topic on this I was just wondering if anyone else has applied for a PGCE at UEA for 2016, or like me already has a place ?

Hello Hayjes! nice to meet you. I am doing a PGCE in MFL in september.
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Reply 2
Hey, I'll be starting secondary geography in Sep :smile:
Reply 3
HI! Yes I'm starting a Secondary PGCE in MFL in September.
How are you getting on arranging the primary and secondary observation tasks? I'm busy emailing schools to see if they'll have me for two days but haven't been lucky so far.
Reply 4
Hi, I'm starting a secondary Geography PGCE as well in September!

I'm struggling with the observation tasks as well, I've emailed a bunch of schools, but only one has replied so far!
Reply 5
I've managed to arrange a secondary observation for 7th and 8th September which means I need to arrange the primary observation for 5th and 6th September and it's becoming a bit of a nightmare, I've been in touch with about 50 schools now, a lot don't bother replying and others have told me they can't have me on those dates (short notice, already booked, new staff...) so I've emailed the university to ask for advice but no reply either!
Reply 6
I'm planning on emailing the uni as well. I've had one reply from about 20 primary and that was a no.
Reply 7
I finally had an email from a primary school this afternoon saying they will have me after sending emails to 72 primary schools plus 18 to secondary schools, unbelievable. So just keep persevering, I would suggest trying schools outside Norwich as schools in the city probably get bombarded with emails. Both schools I found are quite a distance from Norwich.
Reply 8
I've been successful in gaining primary school observation, but sadly not secondary school. I've emailed well over 25 senior school all around Norfolk and some in Suffolk as well but either had no reply or they won't accept me. I'm continuing to email schools but with no success so far! I've emailed the uni for further advice
Bit late to this post, I'm starting a PGCE in History next month :smile:
Reply 10
Also a tad late but I'm also doing MFL pgce!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending