The Student Room Group

Labour MP Jo Cox killed in shooting incident in West Yorkshire

Scroll to see replies

Reply 340
Original post by Thutmose-III
You can't really apply point 5 to the Bataclan and Hebdo shootings. They clearly were acts of terror.

If I'm honest, I didn't notice point 5, you're correct. It wouldn't work for Tunisia either. The other points though, do seem to be applicable to the majority of attacks (though I haven't scanned through all of them), even if they were strongly coordinated.
Original post by Stiff Little Fingers
The point being that eyewitness accounts are only valid if they agree with your preconceived notions?

Nope. You obviously also missed my point.
Original post by tanyapotter
Why is this source not good enough for you? It would be so ironic if it were because his name is Aamir Tahir..

You consider that quote to be a source good enough to be believed? Dear me.
Original post by tanyapotter
Why is this source not good enough for you?

Because it sounds like he wasn't even there (i.e. saying "Apparently he shouted X". In other words "Other people said he shouted X"), and as a law student I have a tendency to want corroboration when the original source for a claim seems weak, at best.

Tahir said

“The whole street thinks it was me but it wasn’t.

“Apparently the guy who did it shouted ‘Britain first’ and if I had been there I would have tackled him.”

"If I had been there". Hmmm
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by The_Opinion
You consider that quote to be a source good enough to be believed? Dear me.

I just checked the original quote again

“The whole street thinks it was me but it wasn’t.

“Apparently the guy who did it shouted ‘Britain first’ and if I had been there I would have tackled him.”

"If I had been there" doesn't give us much confidence.
Reply 345
The way that the left / remain camps are using this incident to further their cause is disgusting.
He might just hate refugees and identified her as pro-refugee.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Horrific! :cry2:

My thoughts are with her family and those close to her who must be devastated beyond description. :frown:
Reply 349
Original post by Thutmose-III
You can't really apply point 5 to the Bataclan and Hebdo shootings. They clearly were acts of terror.

2 of the 0.1%?
Original post by EuanF

This literally proves nothing though. Many people often don't know the true nature of someone's views until something like this occurs.
Reply 351
Original post by That Bearded Man
He might just hate refugees and identified her as pro-refugee.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Grasping at straws

Look, I know people are terrified of a brexit, but show some class, her corpse is still warm, and there are conflicting reports about what the attack was really about. Don't try to politicise the event and just wait for the evidence.
Original post by The_Opinion
The way that the left / remain camps are using this incident to further their cause is disgusting.

Yeh, I mean it is not as if the Leave Campaign used the Orlando shooting.

Oh wait.....

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/eu-referendum-brexit-leave-poster-orlando-shooting-free-movement-atrocity-a7079511.html

Even though barely any Muslim immigration comes through EU channels. ANYWAY, who cares about the truth if you want Brexit
#Notallbrexiters
The timing of this attack seems too perfect, too fitting for the narrative.
Original post by ftw93
Grasping at straws

Look, I know people are terrified of a brexit, but show some class, her corpse is still warm, and there are conflicting reports about what the attack was really about. Don't try to politicise the event and just wait for the evidence.

Didn't stop Brexiters when the Muslim terrorist was people in Orlando.
Reply 356
Original post by DorianGrayism
Didn't stop Brexiters when the Muslim terrorist was people in Orlando.

So you think two wrongs make a right?
Reply 357
Original post by EuanF

Just like the quote from the highly questionable "witness" doing the rounds, this is insufficient evidence. Just as the random colleague isn't reliable, the neighbour's character reference doesn't prove anything either, though hopefully it'll dilute the argument enough and demonstrate to people that we still have no idea what this guy's motivations were. Before arguing about politics, it's worth bearing in mind that this guy is still alive and in custody. If we find out his motivations, we're more likely to find out from what comes out of that than from decontextualised little anecdotes.
Original post by ftw93
So you think two wrongs make a right?

No, it just means that you are crying crocodile tears.
Reply 359
Original post by TrueDetective01
The timing of this attack seems too perfect, too fitting for the narrative.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending