The Student Room Group

How to make a good first impression?

Hi there TSR,

Firstly, I met this girl who was living in my halls and we started chatting, only briefly. How do you say "hello" even though we've literally just met for about 5 minutes.. And what would I need to say?

I like her but don't know her enough. I'm useless when it comes to dating and that sort of thing. Anyone offer advice?

Thanks!
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Hi there TSR,

Firstly, I met this girl who was living in my halls and we started chatting, only briefly. How do you say "hello" even though we've literally just met for about 5 minutes.. And what would I need to say?

I like her but don't know her enough. I'm useless when it comes to dating and that sort of thing. Anyone offer advice?

Thanks!

Even if you only talked for a brief amount of time, that's long enough. She is now an acquaintance and you will be able to say hi whenever you want to in theory, without having to introduce yourself again. I'm not sure whether you're interested in her romantically or whether you're just trying to befriend her but either way, just be yourself. It's cheesy, but don't pretend to be someone you're not just to impress her or make yourself sound interesting. If they find out that you lied when you become closer as friends, then she won't be impressed. Instead, if you feel the need to stretch the truth when it comes to talking about yourself, then it might be a good idea to better yourself by pursuing more interests and taking up a club of some sorts, or even learning a new language. This could help you to form a shared interest with her.

At this stage in your 'relationship', there's no need to be doing anything amazing in terms of conversation. Make it your mission to get to know her. I mean, she might not be interested in you, but I don't know that. It might be best to become her friend first, and get to know her, before trying to pursue a relationship, or dating. Unless that's your thing (I wouldn't recommend it if you've only just met her).

I hope there was something useful in all of that! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending