The Student Room Group

Edexcel D1 - 17th June, 2016 [Exam discussion]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Nikhilm
Cool thanks, do you mind quickly asking my other question too?

Kruskal and Primms always in pen.
Tbh, unless you're drawing a network, cascade diagram or linear programming use pen :smile:
If i said

A and B mat not share not the same start and end node thats why a dummy is used

Is that correct?
Original post by Jamescullen2505
image.jpg
Attachment not found
I'm confused with drawing the scheduling diagram for this, why would D come before E?

I don't think it makes a difference tbh. Both D and E start at the same thing just that the float for D is bigger
Original post by Unknow_n123
The float is just the amount of time an activity can be delayed without affecting the project duration. I'd say learn the key definitions e.g. float, the even number of vertices with odd valency, Spanning tree, MST etc.
Definitions could add up to 3-4 marks so its sort of useful to know them...

yeah, thing is, on the past paper i did, that definition for float would have gotten you 0 marks, it was SO specific.

I do agree with you though, key definitions are the way forward, but you can still get a really high A, above 90 ums even, without knowing definitions. I tell myself this to lower stress levels lol
Original post by Footyrulez
Hardest D1 paper anyone's ever done??

One year i recall it was 41/75 for A
Original post by CutieTootsie
yeah, thing is, on the past paper i did, that definition for float would have gotten you 0 marks, it was SO specific.

I do agree with you though, key definitions are the way forward, but you can still get a really high A, above 90 ums even, without knowing definitions. I tell myself this to lower stress levels lol

Wow 0 marks lol yeah guess it must have been really question specific based on the scenario. Yeah true but definitions just easy marks without any working out.
Original post by Pablo Picasso
If i said

Is that correct?

Yes you can say they can't share the same start and end nodes, but I'm not sure what 'mat' means.
If i said

Is that correct?

best to say A and B both must be able to be described uniquely in termsof the events at each end
One year i recall it was 41/75 for A

WHAT?!?! that's bloody amazing. was this the first year after a spec change though?

HUGE difference to 2 years that had 67 for an A :\
Reply 429
Original post by Unknow_n123
Check my reply on post 408

Thank you, but i was wondering for things like the definition of a buble sort, or cascade chart. Are we required to know definitions outside of chapter 2 and matchings?
D1 is a lot easier than majority of those modules, dont you think?

Not when my teacher started teaching it on Monday and spent less than 3hrs on it. But under normal conditions yes.
Original post by Bekah22
Does that includes drawing networks too? Cheers for the help.

Networks I assume would count as diagrams and therefore be done in pencil.
Original post by target21859
He's sitting D1 and M2

Ah fair enough. I sat AQA M2 last year. My SRB's will add nearly a hour to my exam time for the day.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by NotNotBatman
Yes you can say they can't share the same start and end nodes, but I'm not sure what 'mat' means.

Aha sorry i meant may

But what is wrong with my diagram plsimage.jpg
Original post by Midgeymoo17
Not when my teacher started teaching it on Monday and spent less than 3hrs on it. But under normal conditions yes.

:K::K:waahhhhhh crazy
Aha sorry i meant may

But what is wrong with my diagram plsimage.jpg

E and F run parallel, they have the same start and end events.
Original post by NotNotBatman
E and F run parallel, they have the same start and end events.

Show a dummy then since they cnt share same end and start node. Does it matter which one i draw it out from?
Show a dummy then since they cnt share same end and start node. Does it matter which one i draw it out from?

As long as it's shows the right information and there aren't any non-unique activities, then it should be fine.
:K::K:waahhhhhh crazy

Yeah, it is little. Unfortunatley there was an autistic boy in my class who suddenly had a meltdown at the prospect of Mechanics and just could not do it so April the 17th teacher started S3 ( 4 weeks before S3 exam:confused::confused::confused:) with both of us so he did not have to sit M2 and I had an extra. But this was the time he was meant to be doing D1- hence kind of ran out of time. This said I think I might just of got an A* or a middle to high A in S3 so no water off my back.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending