The Student Room Group

Not going to exam tomorrow

I entered myself to retake my coursework and exam for Eng Lit this year, but given that my new coursework grade brings me up to an A overall for the subject, I dont want to do the exam tomorrow. What would happen if I just don't turn up? Would it show up on my certificate? Would my uni choices find out and maybe reject me?
I think youll get a low grade overall and the effort put into the A grade for coursework wouldnt be worth it...
Original post by anonymouse.345
I think youll get a low grade overall and the effort put into the A grade for coursework wouldnt be worth it...

That doesnt make any sense
Original post by lordoftheties

They'll give you a U for the paper and you'll probably scrape a D overall.
Does your most recent grade count or highest overall?
Reply 5

What they are saying is that it would have wasted all of your time getting an A in Coursework only for it all to be ruined by getting 0 marks in the exam.
Your coursework being an A grade does not mean that you have achieved an A overall. To achieve an overall A in the A-Level you must achieve 320 UMS marks (this includes all units of the A-level).

Please attend the exam tomorrow.
I think the OP is saying that the first time they took the exam they got an average grade, but paired with this new coursework grade that average grade from the exam is good enough to get them an A overall.

If this is the case then just go for the exam, you could surprise yourself!
Just turn up for Christ sake. No harm in doing so.
I entered myself to retake my coursework and exam for Eng Lit this year, but given that my new coursework grade brings me up to an A overall for the subject, I dont want to do the exam tomorrow. What would happen if I just don't turn up? Would it show up on my certificate? Would my uni choices find out and maybe reject me?

Presumably you are trying to use the score you got from your previous attempt plus the new grade from the coursework? You better be sure you have that correct or you could find your overall grade being much lower.
Original post by IFoundWonderland
They'll give you a U for the paper and you'll probably scrape a D overall.

If they don't turn up, you'll actually get an X grade for your exam. Which is no better than a U grade.

I know that when I did resits, they took the highest mark, regardless of whether it was the original or the resit. But of you're retaking a whole subject, i.e. not just an exam, I don't know... Best bet would be to do the exam.
You might as well try and go for the A*, especially since there's a lot less pressure on you now.
This is exactly what Im saying... Ive done absolutey 0 revision for it. Im certain id get a lower mark than before....so there is no way im gonna surprise myself (rest assured).
Original post by 932843580840
Your coursework being an A grade does not mean that you have achieved an A overall. To achieve an overall A in the A-Level you must achieve 320 UMS marks (this includes all units of the A-level).

Please attend the exam tomorrow.

Yh i know, my original coursework mark was very low, now with my better one, my grade goes up to 326 ums.
this is going to be me for bio 5 next week. :bawling:
Original post by Anon_98
this is going to be me for bio 5 next week. :bawling:

Surely its a good thing? Youve got the grade, theres just an exam you dont need to take thats left?
Surely its a good thing? Youve got the grade, theres just an exam you dont need to take thats left?

Nah bc this exam isn't a retake etc. ):

Quick Reply

Latest