The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 Biology SNAB 6BI04 ~ 6BIO5 June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Excuse Me!
For the cellulose question I wrote about it being B glucose. Molecules joined in condensation reactions and chains of molecules being joined by hydrogen bonds. Also wrote about molecules being layed down in a cross cross manner embedded in hemicelluloses and pectin or pectate - couldnt remember haha.

For the protein comparison I said glubular is 3d and used in enzymes, fibrous is flat and forms a mesh for example in hair.

Do these sound right??

firstly b-glucose molecules in cellulose are joined by glycosidic bonds but you might get hydrogen. for the fibrous and globular you can look at the june 2011 paper it has the exact same question on it. the marking points were like insoluble soluble, long and straight opposed to spherical ect.
Original post by Fizzypop10
I have no clue tbh, but I did write 3 which seems wrong lol :frown:

i think i got like 0.7 something or around that
Guys, I wrote that Fibrous can be coiled/rope like structure while Globular is spherical/round? is that correct?
Original post by .JC.
I said there was some sort of obstruction, such as a stone or rock, in that depth of peat, so no recording for pollen could be taken.

i said something along the lines of inaccurate measuring as the graph started at zero so if there was none that would have been indicated
Original post by Fizzypop10
Guys, I wrote that Fibrous can be coiled/rope like structure while Globular is spherical/round? is that correct?

yea it has the idea of different shapes so probe what else did you say
Original post by SeanXd
Talked about hard outer coating prvents destruction from acidic ph, also acidic ph and anaerobic conditions prevents microbial growth and aerobic respiration

i said it more simply like the ph was too low and unsuitable for bacteria to live in, therefore there is nothing to decay the pollen
do you guys think id get a mark for saying fibrous proteins are stronger than globular proteins?
Original post by Daniel9998
do you guys think id get a mark for saying fibrous proteins are stronger than globular proteins?

probably not cause it was differences in structure that was being focused on
Original post by cmolloy12
probably not cause it was differences in structure that was being focused on

didnt mention structure at all though
Original post by priceyyy27
Agree

i forget what were these questions
didnt mention structure at all though

gutted what else did you say
Original post by sssssshh
Exactly what I got for both of them. Hope they are right.:borat:

thats what i got for the % but i can't remember the other question what was it
Original post by cmolloy12
gutted what else did you say

Said fibrous proteins are insoluble while globular is soluble and that fibrous chains are linear. Pretty certain those are right
Original post by butterfly97
Omg, are you sure that was the case? I'm sure sea levels did rise after the volcanic eruption but now that you mention in, the pollen graph may have been dodgy :// fml. I think altogether, them questions were around 8 marks?

sea level did rise just after the eruption but yea pollen decreased cos the deeper it went the further back in time it went so you had to read from right to left :/
For the peat pollen question, I wrote about global warming and how you can use the pollen from the peat bogs to determine the conditions of the planet from the past....any marks?? I see people wrote some other stuff on here :/
Original post by smdmofo
I got 3% for the tropic levels hahaaha what the hell is this

Yeah I got 3% too!!
Said fibrous proteins are insoluble while globular is soluble and that fibrous chains are linear. Pretty certain those are right

yea you should get those the same question was asked in the june 2011 paper so go check that out

I wrote fibrous are coiled like a rope (keratin is) so idk if they'll let me off...?
Original post by March1994bieber
Yeah I got 3% too!!

how did you get 3% what was your calculation cos most of us on here and my class got 8.75%
Is anybody having trouble downloading the IAL bio unit 4 january 2014 mark scheme? I want an idea of how i did but it doesnt come up.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending