The Student Room Group

OCR A2 CHEMISTRY F324 and F325- 14th and 22nd June 2016- OFFICIAL THREAD

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tammymxx
Thats what i thought but basically u need either Hno2 and hcl or nano2 ans hcl

hno2 doesn't exist in real life you have to make it y yourself
Original post by HasanAlam
Does anyone remember how many marks the question about hydrolysis with dilute HCl was, and also the question about fermentation of sugars and chemical synthesis?

Original post by lai812matthew

i know i know... i am jus dum
Original post by HasanAlam
Does anyone remember how many marks the question about hydrolysis with dilute HCl was, and also the question about fermentation of sugars and chemical synthesis?

I think 1 mark for fermentation.

HNO2 does exist in real life, just for very short amounts of time. OCR allows you to just state HNO2 as that is what is forming the Diazonium ion.
Original post by NinjaOtter
HNO2 does exist in real life, just for very short amounts of time. OCR allows you to just state HNO2 as that is what is forming the Diazonium ion.

yes i mean it is not a natural compound and it is very hard to preserve it you would lose the compound when hcl is too concentrated
yes i mean it is not a natural compound and it is very hard to preserve it you would lose the compound when hcl is too concentrated

In terms of the exam paper it is an acceptable answer which is what everyone wants to know right now. No need to be pedantic
Original post by Terrificmagenta
Was the first or second structure they asked for the one with m/z 44? (Think i might've swapped them round :frown: )

Anyone??
Reply 2528
What if I wrote 1 advantage for chemical pesticides and 4 disadvantages..would I still get 5 marks?
Does anyone have the mark scheme for June 2015 F325
Does anyone have F325 June 2015 mark scheme
Original post by Terrificmagenta
Anyone??

second
I drew the tripeptide with one amide link in the r group and the other with the cooh group will i lose marks?
Also i wrote the equation with NaBh4 as aldehyde + 2(H) = alcohol + OH- because i saw it as acceptable in the reaction machenism for a mark scheme once will i lose marks and also how many mark swas this question?

Thanks.
Original post by qhdop
What if I wrote 1 advantage for chemical pesticides and 4 disadvantages..would I still get 5 marks?

(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by jack1234rg
I drew the tripeptide with one amide link in the r group and the other with the cooh group will i lose marks?
Also i wrote the equation with NaBh4 as aldehyde + 2(H) = alcohol + OH- because i saw it as acceptable in the reaction machenism for a mark scheme once will i lose marks and also how many mark swas this question?

Thanks.

you won't lose marks on writing OH- i think.as for the first part i'm not sure what you mean. as long as you have one amine and one carboxyl group. two amide groups , it would be perfectly fine.
For the question with HCL is it not NH2+ not NH3+ because the structure was NH so if you add HCL it would turn into NH2+
Original post by stephaniechan
For the question with HCL is it not NH2+ not NH3+ because the structure was NH so if you add HCL it would turn into NH2+

I can't remember the exact phrasing of the question but did it imply exactly one mole of HCl? Otherwise it would not be incorrect to assume it would form NH3+ as this in reality is what could happen?

when you hydrolyse peptides with acid you get NH3+
Original post by VMD100
I can't remember the exact phrasing of the question but did it imply exactly one mole of HCl? Otherwise it would not be incorrect to assume it would form NH3+ as this in reality is what could happen?

it specifies dilute which is a bit akward. is 6M dilute? not really imo.

I put NH2+ it really confused me but I think it is NH3+ unfortunately :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending