The Student Room Group

Can i still do maths for A-Level???

I'm want to do maths next year for A Level but i feel as if i have just achieved a grade C for my GCSE and the requirement is a grade B!!! How can i still do maths for A level- can i resit maths??
Ask you school. Im my school you needed an A min to do maths and A* to do FM.
Reply 2
If you got a C at GCSE, maybe it's for the best that you don't do it. People with A*'s at GCSE struggled with yesterdays maths paper.
Original post by wolfie123
I'm want to do maths next year for A Level but i feel as if i have just achieved a grade C for my GCSE and the requirement is a grade B!!! How can i still do maths for A level- can i resit maths??

If you have just achieved a C in GCSE maths after 5 years of secondary education then it would not make sense to try to do it at A level

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gdunne42
If you have just achieved a C in GCSE maths after 5 years of secondary education then it would not make sense to try to do it at A level

Posted from TSR Mobile

Does it though? 5 years to pass GCSE maths, While C1 isn't too bad some of the other units are. imo giving it a chance would be a waste of time. Better to focus on subjects you're strong at.
Original post by 34908seikj
Does it though? 5 years to pass GCSE maths, While C1 isn't too bad some of the other units are. imo giving it a chance would be a waste of time. Better to focus on subjects you're strong at.

Think I said it would not make sense to try A level .... ????

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by 34908seikj

What if i resit my exams??-I'm an A star grade students(predicted) but had a really bad exam performance!
Do you think they will still accept me?
Reply 7
Depends on the college. You're only one grade under the requirement so they should let you do it. In my college people retook the GCSE with the college if they didn't do as well as hoped.
Reply 8
Original post by srk.d
If you got a C at GCSE, maybe it's for the best that you don't do it. People with A*'s at GCSE struggled with yesterdays maths paper.

What if i resit the exams? Is it possible i can do it- if i get a grade A?
Original post by gdunne42
Think I said it would not make sense to try A level .... ????

Posted from TSR Mobile

My bad.
What if i resit my exams??-I'm an A star grade students(predicted) but had a really bad exam performance!

If you get a C and there's isn't a specific compelling reason for it to have happened then no.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Talk to your teachers. tbh I doubt you're an A* student at least in maths. There's no way you can drop that many marks as an A* student no matter what happened.

I got an A* and I struggled, if you get a C don't bother.

Why do you want to do it anyway? Save yourself the pain

Quick Reply

Latest