The Student Room Group

BPP university or University Of Law for an LLB degree?

I was just wondering which one of these 2 providers would be best to study the LLB degree at, and why?
Reply 1
Why not use a standard UK university? Better value for money most likely?

Between UoL and BPP, it's difficult to place a penny between the two of them.
Original post by Mimir
Why not use a standard UK university? Better value for money most likely?

Between UoL and BPP, it's difficult to place a penny between the two of them.

The price of a standard UK university seems to be more dear than UoL and BPP. Both UoL and BPP charge £6,000 per annum, and for 3 years at £18,000. Their LPC's both cost in the bracket of £11,210-£11,215. So, by the time I've finished undergraduate and postgraduate, I will have a student loan debt of £30,000. On the other side of the coin, I will have a student loan upwards of £40,000 after finishing undergraduate and postgraduate at a standard UK university.

So which out of UoL and BPP is better in terms of their reputation, employment rate, gaining a training contract and just overall better?
Reply 3
Original post by HX_AZAAN_786
The price of a standard UK university seems to be more dear than UoL and BPP. Both UoL and BPP charge £6,000 per annum, and for 3 years at £18,000. Their LPC's both cost in the bracket of £11,210-£11,215. So, by the time I've finished undergraduate and postgraduate, I will have a student loan debt of £30,000. On the other side of the coin, I will have a student loan upwards of £40,000 after finishing undergraduate and postgraduate at a standard UK university.

So which out of UoL and BPP is better in terms of their reputation, employment rate, gaining a training contract and just overall better?

I did the GDL and am doing the LPC at the BPP.

Quite a few people on my course did other courses at the UoL then moved to the BPP for the LPC.

Six of one, half a dozen of the other. Neither institution have particularly good student representation or student 'union'. You won't get the "University Experience (TM)" at either of them for an undergraduate degree.
Original post by Mimir
I did the GDL and am doing the LPC at the BPP.

Quite a few people on my course did other courses at the UoL then moved to the BPP for the LPC.

Six of one, half a dozen of the other. Neither institution have particularly good student representation or student 'union'. You won't get the "University Experience (TM)" at either of them for an undergraduate degree.

How do you find it there?
Would you or would you not recommend any of them, and just select a different "standard" UK university.
I don't think that they're all too bad, they both seem decent to me and quite affordable when studying with a part-time job. So, would you recommend me studying at one of the 2?
Reply 6
How do you find it there?

I wouldn't have done my Undergraduate degree there.
Where would you've done?
I did my LLB part-time at BPP and it wasn't all that bad. For the most part the lecturers / tutors were pretty good. I suspect that UoL is more or less the same.

If you have the option of doing your LLB at a Russell Group Uni (or one of the better non-Russell group unis), then I would recommend doing that over BPP even factoring in the extra cost (unless you simply cannot afford the extra cost at all). It would be a more difficult decision if you had to choose between paying a little at BPP, and paying a lot at, say, Greenwich.
Would you or would you not recommend any of them, and just select a different "standard" UK university.
I don't think that they're all too bad, they both seem decent to me and quite affordable when studying with a part-time job. So, would you recommend me studying at one of the 2?

If you can get into a good Uni do that.

Otherwise no difference and i'd just look at the modules on offer, whether the course sounded appealing plus the location you fancied studying. Studying in the North would be much cheaper than London etc.

Why not do the GDL instead of a full LLB?
Original post by Forum User
I did my LLB part-time at BPP and it wasn't all that bad. For the most part the lecturers / tutors were pretty good. I suspect that UoL is more or less the same.

If you have the option of doing your LLB at a Russell Group Uni (or one of the better non-Russell group unis), then I would recommend doing that over BPP even factoring in the extra cost (unless you simply cannot afford the extra cost at all). It would be a more difficult decision if you had to choose between paying a little at BPP, and paying a lot at, say, Greenwich.

This comes as a surprise. In the past whenever I saw your posts, I thought that you went to or were in Oxbridge.
The price of regular universities is worth it. Nothing against ULaw and BPP, but they are unrecognised, and are better for the BPTC/LPC, i.e. the professional degrees. Between them, though, it is much of a muchness. I.e., there is nothing between them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending