The Student Room Group

AQA Unit 5 - memorise battery equations?

Does anyone know if you need to memorise the half equations occuring in electrochemical battery cells? I.e. lead/acid and nick/cadmium etc.

Thanks!
Original post by Bacardigan
Does anyone know if you need to memorise the half equations occuring in electrochemical battery cells? I.e. lead/acid and nick/cadmium etc.

Thanks!

AQA? If so the only one you need to remember is the fuel cell equation and the advantages/disadvantages of using it. All the other ones are there for insight. They might ask questions about some of the batteries but half equations are given
Reply 2
Original post by SirRaza97
AQA? If so the only one you need to remember is the fuel cell equation and the advantages/disadvantages of using it. All the other ones are there for insight. They might ask questions about some of the batteries but half equations are given

Sorry I was so caught up in revision stress I forgot to reply to this, but thank you so much for your help!! Really helped me focus my efforts :smile:
Original post by Bacardigan
Sorry I was so caught up in revision stress I forgot to reply to this, but thank you so much for your help!! Really helped me focus my efforts :smile:

No problem !How did the paper go for you?

Quick Reply

Latest