The Student Room Group

AQA BUSS3/BUSS4 Revision Thread

Scroll to see replies

anyone got any decent section a research and willing to exchange?, my section b ones are really good but I need some section a
What are your section B ones? I've purely got section A ones from talks we had from outside visitors and a little bit of research
Research on businesses doesn't have to be hugely in-depth. As long as it evidences your line of analysis sufficiently, you'll be absolutely fine. To secure good, the best strategy is to compare and contrast examples where possible. Examples don't just have to be businesses either - they can be concepts, policies, a whole range of things. Smart cities, Internet of Everything and big data would count as evidence for some section A essays, and likewise, the EU referendum, sugar tax and the national living wage would all constitute valid examples for some section B essays.
Reply 483
Original post by ryanroks1
Research on businesses doesn't have to be hugely in-depth. As long as it evidences your line of analysis sufficiently, you'll be absolutely fine. To secure good, the best strategy is to compare and contrast examples where possible. Examples don't just have to be businesses either - they can be concepts, policies, a whole range of things. Smart cities, Internet of Everything and big data would count as evidence for some section A essays, and likewise, the EU referendum, sugar tax and the national living wage would all constitute valid examples for some section B essays.

how would you suggest revising for buss4?
Anyone got an A* section B exemplar?
Original post by imran_
how would you suggest revising for buss4?

On my to-do list, there is...

1) Watch the tutor2u content videos (https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PLp8BSCLLWBUBjxWh4RzNgKIcLx1qdORV8&v=MfL_0ko4T3o)

2) Read through my examples I've gathered and learn them (essentially I have topic-sorted examples on some flashcards)

3) Read over some model essays and watch the tutor2u videos on essay planning (https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PLp8BSCLLWBUDBrY0pcrC6BbQNloFL30Ox&v=g8dJj1bFrGk)

4) Practice a few essay questions; section B ones from past papers and section A ones from the tutor2u BUSS4 conference booklet (someone posted a picture of this earlier)

If I still don't feel prepared, I'll probably make a few flashcards on each topic and potential questions (and points relating to those questions).
Original post by ryanroks1
On my to-do list, there is...

1) Watch the tutor2u content videos (https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PLp8BSCLLWBUBjxWh4RzNgKIcLx1qdORV8&v=MfL_0ko4T3o)

2) Read through my examples I've gathered and learn them (essentially I have topic-sorted examples on some flashcards)

3) Read over some model essays and watch the tutor2u videos on essay planning (https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PLp8BSCLLWBUDBrY0pcrC6BbQNloFL30Ox&v=g8dJj1bFrGk)

4) Practice a few essay questions; section B ones from past papers and section A ones from the tutor2u BUSS4 conference booklet (someone posted a picture of this earlier)

If I still don't feel prepared, I'll probably make a few flashcards on each topic and potential questions (and points relating to those questions).

How many examples you learning for each section b topic? 5?
Original post by JoshFlySon
How many examples you learning for each section b topic? 5?

Some topics I have 3, some I have 6, varied really. Given we get a choice of questions, there are certain topics (ie the environment) that I know I'm very unlikely to choose, so I've focused less on them.
Can someone tell me what the difference between section A and B is? Is there any difference between the type of questions you'll get even?
Original post by Daniel6
Can someone tell me what the difference between section A and B is? Is there any difference between the type of questions you'll get even?

Section A = Ecommerce
Section B = topical issue (PESTLE) and business leadership, culture, etc
Original post by De Re Publica
Section A = Ecommerce

Thank you.
Original post by Daniel6
Thank you.

Weren't you taught this in lesson??
Weren't you taught this in lesson??

Taught the various topics but it was never made clear that there was a definite difference between the two sections of the types of questions.
Reply 493
Section A = Ecommerce

I know this is a stupid question but what is pestle and what are the subjects that we have to revise for section b. I'm really well prepared for section A but have no idea what to do for b.
Original post by kpa9876
I know this is a stupid question but what is pestle and what are the subjects that we have to revise for section b. I'm really well prepared for section A but have no idea what to do for b.

Pestle is
Political
Economic
Social
Technological
Legal
Environmental factors

And I posted some section B stuff earlier in the thread but if you can't find it pm me and I'll email you

Posted from TSR Mobile
BUSS3 Questions:
Table 5 shows the performance objectives that were set by Kings' package holiday business in 2015 relative to the industry average. Analyse why Kings set performance objectives at these levels. (10 marks)

The Marketing Director considers that Kings' marketing activities before Thea Jennings arrived in 2015 were very successful.To what extent do you agree? (18 marks)

The Finance Director,Tom,considers that the initial investment required for Thea's proposal would be £300 million.He believes that the best way for Kings to raise this money is to do so entirely by borrowing.
Do you agree with Tom's view? You should use appropriate calculations to support your answer. (18 marks) :smile:
Reply 496
Anyone made any predictions for section a or b?
guys, please help me with some research for section b, ive got quite a few so far!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1KxmGJSY0LFr6tXlM6LCKdXIiUg4aznDnmqO_pK4wUzI/edit?usp=sharing

please contribute !
how is everyone revising for section A and B?

is it really worth me going over all the unit 4 content??
Original post by samm98
Anyone made any predictions for section a or b?

section a based around bullet point 1 and 4
section b I think organisational culture, csr, political and legal environment

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending