The Student Room Group

WJEC A2 English Literature (17th June)

I'm studying The Tempest and Dr Faustus, was just wondering if anyone has any ideas on what could possibly come up as exam questions! I've revised a lot but I'd like to know what everyone else has been focusing on in terms of exam questions for this exam!!
Reply 1
im studying Hamlet and the RevengersTragedy. how do you feel about the exam??
Original post by anintaa

Me too and I'm feeling like it's not even worth turning up
Reply 3
Ive been having a mental breakdown all week. I had geography today, PE tomorrow morning (at the same time as English), then a break then i do my English exam. My teacher has been so useless and gave us flash cards this afternoon for tomorrows exam. I AM DYING... for a lack of a better word choice!
Reply 4
Original post by anintaa
Ive been having a mental breakdown all week. I had geography today, PE tomorrow morning (at the same time as English), then a break then i do my English exam. My teacher has been so useless and gave us flash cards this afternoon for tomorrows exam. I AM DYING... for a lack of a better word choice!

I had geography today and English tomorrow first thing šŸ˜­ I'm going to wake up early to try and memorise quotations and key ideas though. Hopefully around 5am and then meet some friends to go over things an hour before the exam. We're doing Blake, King Lear and Oedipus Rex.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by anintaa

I am also doing Hamlet and the Revenger's Tragedy. I've missed most of school due to illness, and have no idea what I'm doing to be honest....I can't seem to find any good essays/essay plans at all to help!

What do you reckon is going to come up tomorrow? I'd be very surprised if deceit came up again! What are you studying for your poetry? I'm studying the Lyrical Ballads.

:smile:
Reply 6
Original post by Beebs123
I had geography today and English tomorrow first thing šŸ˜­ I'm going to wake up early to try and memorise quotations and key ideas though. Hopefully around 5am and then meet some friends to go over things an hour before the exam. We're doing Blake, King Lear and Oedipus Rex.

Posted from TSR Mobile

i really liked the geography exam today - tomorrow after my PE exam im going to make generic theme based plans around each of the AOs. for example one for women, death, appearance vs reality, revenge and tragedy.
Reply 7
Original post by RebeccaTheWhovia
I am also doing Hamlet and the Revenger's Tragedy. I've missed most of school due to illness, and have no idea what I'm doing to be honest....I can't seem to find any good essays/essay plans at all to help!

What do you reckon is going to come up tomorrow? I'd be very surprised if deceit came up again! What are you studying for your poetry? I'm studying the Lyrical Ballads.

:smile:

do you need some pointers? i kind of know what i am doing it just depends upon the question that comes up i guess.
for poetry i am doing william Blake which isnt too bad as theres a few ways i can apply his work to the questions.
ALSO... WJEC is a really weird exam board so i too have struggled with finding past essays -_-
Original post by anintaa
do you need some pointers? i kind of know what i am doing it just depends upon the question that comes up i guess.
for poetry i am doing william Blake which isnt too bad as theres a few ways i can apply his work to the questions.
ALSO... WJEC is a really weird exam board so i too have struggled with finding past essays -_-

I really would, if I'm honest. I'm incredibly stuck on Hamlet and RT, just can't seem to get started properly or how to plan my essays. It is indeed, damn WJEC! :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by RebeccaTheWhovia
I really would, if I'm honest. I'm incredibly stuck on Hamlet and RT, just can't seem to get started properly or how to plan my essays. It is indeed, damn WJEC! :smile:

alright so with hamlet there are 6 basic themes that can come up: religion, death, revenge/vengeance, women, corruption/politics and appearance v.s. reality. With each of these you would need some critical interpretations (e.g. Francis Bacon that states that revenge is a form of wild justice), express you argument and what not throughout the essay remembering to link in AO2, 3 and 4. You get 5 marks on comparison with TRT so you do not need to write a lot, one of the example essays that my teacher showed my only mentioned TRT in 2 lines and still got an A.Mostly all you can do it write to the best of your ability, include quotes and critical or alternative interpretations to back up your point and mention TRT.

Im looking to spend a good 10/15 minutes doing a very detailed plan because i find that it is easier to write a good essay when you know what and when youre going to write about a specific point.

Good luck tomorrow! - well today really...
How did everyone think the exam went? (I did Tempest/Faustus and the poetry of William Blake) :smile:
Reply 11
I have no idea... I think it was alright. For Blake the questions were worded a bit weird but I ended up choosing the question about change. Hamlet the second question was bs šŸ™„ so I chose the first one about uncertainty and that. Wbu?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Ooh I did Tempest and Faustus for this exam last year. Time flies
Original post by anintaa
I have no idea... I think it was alright. For Blake the questions were worded a bit weird but I ended up choosing the question about change. Hamlet the second question was bs šŸ™„ so I chose the first one about uncertainty and that. Wbu?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did the same question for Blake, paired it with "Parting" the poem by Kathleen Raine. For Tempest Faustus I was over the moon with the control question - wasn't too sure about my Faustus paragraphs but really happy with Tempest. :smile: Hadn't a clue what the first Tempest question was on a about...something about sympathy? I might have been able to attempt it but the other one was such a gift that I barely looked at it!

Quick Reply

Latest