The Student Room Group

Edexcel IAL Biology Unit 4 June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Wasn't the enzyme in question 1 a splisosome?
Original post by _mkhalid97
Wasn't the enzyme in question 1 a splisosome?

Yeah, Enzyme Z.

Enzyme Y is RNA polymerase.

(i think...)
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Annaaix_
Anna's tragic answer: ''maybe some hair was left behind or maybe some dead skin cells''.......:biggrin::biggrin:

hahhahaa :P I wrote the exact same thing :P :P
That was one stupid exam! does anyone know how many marks can I lose maximum to get an A*
Reply 124
Original post by Annaaix_
I found this hard, I said habitat is its location and environment is the abiotic and biotic factors of the area affecting the organism itself? Guessed again lol and because people had access to medicine and had very good health able to fight the infection also people are more aware of Ebola so they didn't go near infected people and people were treated faster and more efficiently

Man we have twin answers to both :biggrin:
Reply 125
Original post by Sandy_Vega30
5 marks. Did you use random or systematic sampling? i used random.

It was random but it was 6 marks I believe
Reply 126
Original post by beheiry
That was one stupid exam! does anyone know how many marks can I lose maximum to get an A*

18-20!
Reply 127
Capture.PNG
Original post by Sandy_Vega30
Guys, what about the question that asked about why the DNA is NOT the sequence of genes that code for amino acids. The 4 mark question?

I kinda learnt this so I had no issues! And I reffered to diagram that 3 exons in mrna whereas 4 in pre-mrna so one would be elsewhere so will code for two proteins!
Original post by Aimen.
18-20!

You mean 18-20 in unit 4 all in all a2 units?!
Hey guys, how'd you all find the paper? I struggled with the time :frown: (anyone else?), kinda rushed all the Q8 answers. Was anyone else bummed about there being no photosynthesis questions? Was also kinda bummed at how there wasn't a 5 marker on geographical isolation and evolution and that.
How many raw marks for an A ?
Reply 131
I was soooooo hoping photosynthesis and an evoluton question would come. Those are like sure marks.
Original post by 12103763d
How many raw marks for an A ?

Usually around 58/90 gets you an A. (If I'm remembering the grade boundaries correctly.)

65/90 gets you an A*, usually.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 133
Original post by beheiry
You mean 18-20 in unit 4 all in all a2 units?!

If you lose only 30 marks in UMS in all three units combined (270/300) and 240/300 in AS
Reply 134
Original post by jackien1
Oh man, I wrote about splicing and spliceosome and exons and introns but more of the exons can be arranged in many orders therefore many polypeptides can be made.

I wrote that bit as well
Original post by Aimen.
18-20!

A* average has been around 65 raw marks in recent years, so I would say around 25 x
Reply 136
Original post by tabetha
A* average has been around 65 raw marks in recent years, so I would say around 25 x

That gives me relief but you shouldn't really trust averages :redface:

Spoiler

Original post by Aimen.
That gives me relief but you shouldn't really trust averages :redface:

Spoiler

oh yeah of course not, just there hasn't been much variation in the last few years, i would hope this exam would be on the low side tho (can't tell if i hated it bc it was difficult or it's just because my fav topics didn't come up :-/ )
Reply 138
Original post by tabetha
oh yeah of course not, just there hasn't been much variation in the last few years, i would hope this exam would be on the low side tho (can't tell if i hated it bc it was difficult or it's just because my fav topics didn't come up :-/ )

It wasn't difficult I guess it was just Different!
The topics were new and there was variation but this makes possibility of low boundaries more possible!
It's like unit 6 Q1... Totally different style...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending