The Student Room Group

Edexcel D1 - 17th June, 2016 [Exam discussion]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JoelTheJaffaCake
The vertex of the R region that would give the minimum value for P is around there. It's not exactly -4, but remember the question specifies integers, so you round to -4. I think, btw, I'm not a teacher or anything.

Pls can you send me the jan 16 paper

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by aadil10
Mhm praying for an easy paper but expecting a hard paper. I thought most
of the modules this year were tricky compared to past papers.

I'm pretty sure they always put crazy hard papers in and compensate with some easier ones.... Like C1 and C2 we're so hard this year so maybe they'll dish out an easy D1, C4 or something? haha one can only hope:smile:
Reply 522
mY ALL NIGHTER STARTS NOW!! I have m2 as well fml
Original post by Cpj16
mY ALL NIGHTER STARTS NOW!! I have m2 as well fml

How do you go about an all nighter? Like, have you slept during the day/this evening? I have two exams on Tuesday and feel like an all nighter is going to be my only option, but I want to do it with a bit of thought behind it :biggrin::colondollar:
Reply 525
Original post by sophiehaddad
How do you go about an all nighter? Like, have you slept during the day/this evening? I have two exams on Tuesday and feel like an all nighter is going to be my only option, but I want to do it with a bit of thought behind it :biggrin::colondollar:

I slept for 3 hours from 4pm to 7pm
I feel like sht atm

Then I have been working 2 hours, solid, played video games for 1 hour straight
Also have warm milk- it helps. (hot chocolate) put milk in though-not water

Think of the consequences, what will happen. For example I wont be able to apply to my favourite uni my adjustment if I don't do well.

Power through.
Reply 526
Original post by Cpj16
I slept for 3 hours from 4pm to 7pm
I feel like sht atm

Then I have been working 2 hours, solid, played video games for 1 hour straight
Also have warm milk- it helps. (hot chocolate) put milk in though-not water

Think of the consequences, what will happen. For example I wont be able to apply to my favourite uni my adjustment if I don't do well.

Power through.

thing is my exam is at 1.30 and I have a clash so I ll have to be awake until 5 but I think I can manage it..cause I did it today for biology.

If I pass out great.. I ll get my predicted grades which is an A* xD

thank you sooo much this really gives me an idea of the akward questions edexcel will yet again be playing at.
do you have a mark scheme with that?
Original post by splashywill
I'm pretty sure they always put crazy hard papers in and compensate with some easier ones.... Like C1 and C2 we're so hard this year so maybe they'll dish out an easy D1, C4 or something? haha one can only hope:smile:

ikr i hope so too! its like the last ever d1 paper aswell
Original post by tes5983
ikr i hope so too! its like the last ever d1 paper aswell

oh yeah haha i didn't even realise... That could mean so many different things...
For questions asking us to use Dijkstra's algorithm do we need to have the numbers in the boxes exactly the same as in the marks scheme?
For questions asking us to use Dijkstra's algorithm do we need to have the numbers in the working values box exactly the same as in the marks scheme?
Original post by chans111
For questions asking us to use Dijkstra's algorithm do we need to have the numbers in the working values box exactly the same as in the marks scheme?

Yes

Anyone know if we should put the crossed out ones ie a working value which is higher than the current one (which they have on the mark scheme in brackets) ?
Hey. How do you solve simultaneous equations on calculator? I seen videos but i can't seem to find the equation mode. Below is my calculator. casiofx85gt.jpg
Original post by chans111

you know on the mark scheme where it shows the numbers in the brackets - they don't matter, as long as you've written the numbers without the brackets then its fine:smile:
Original post by Themathgeek
Yes

Anyone know if we should put the crossed out ones ie a working value which is higher than the current one (which they have on the mark scheme in brackets) ?

only put working values lower than the current number. the reason why there are numbers in brackets is because just in case someone accidentally puts the higher number so that they still get the mark say if they forget to cross it off
How is everyone working out even pivots are you doing n+1/2 and then rounding or are you do n+2/2 (from 2015 spec)? Also do we have to learn the definition for planar graphs?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by funkypineapple
Hey. How do you solve simultaneous equations on calculator? I seen videos but i can't seem to find the equation mode. Below is my calculator. casiofx85gt.jpg

That calculator can't solve simultaneous equations
when are your exam time exactly if all converted to uk time?? Is it all the same? Mine is about 12

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 539
Original post by MaggieXUE
when are your exam time exactly if all converted to uk time?? Is it all the same? Mine is about 12

Posted from TSR Mobile

1.30 but I have a m2 clash so I ll be in school til 5pm

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending