The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zerforax
No chance West Ham would sell for 20mil. Vardy only potentially moving because he has a release clause in his contract. I don't think Payet has the same?

West Ham also like to think of themselves as a big club with the potential to fight for CL spots so no chance they will sell their star player on the cheap/anything less than obscene money.

Can't put it past PSG so spend that obscene money although his age may put them off.
Original post by samir12
Can't put it past PSG so spend that obscene money although his age may put them off.

Yea Payet will go if PSG (or any one big) offers say 40mil+ imo. I think West Ham would struggle to refuse a bid like that.

Anyway I'd be happy since it would weaken West Ham + make it less likely that PSG would want Coutinho.
Original post by mr tim
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/liverpool-takeover-state-backed-chinese-group-want-to-buy-club-from-fenway-for-700m-a7083836.html

Chinese club interested in buying Liverpool for £700m. Wasn't the 1st time talk of takeover since FSG joined.

I had a look at the letter that's supposedly started all this and it is obviously a fake. It's such a bad fake that I can't believe it's managed to get into the mainstream media.

Spelling mistakes, grammatical errors, sent to Anfield, colloquialisms, incorrect names and so on. All it needed was a request for 'the Directors' bank details and it would've been sorted.
Sturridge scoring that goal is going to be a huge confidence boost! Lets just pray he doesn't get injured.
Original post by Federerr
Sturridge scoring that goal is going to be a huge confidence boost! Lets just pray he doesn't get injured.

Proving that he's the best striker in the England squad. I expect he'll start in the next game.
Original post by nerdling_CompSci
Payet would cost around the same price (£20M) as vardy whom is the same age as payet yet arsenal are paying that.

alot of clubs will want him im sure he's also hoping the same. Cant be stuck with west ham after showing his performance of his lifetime

Posted from TSR Mobile

£20m, no chance. They've valued him at 50m, his agent said yesterday he'd cost "ridiculous money", they're rich enough to be making 30m bids for players (Lacazette), he's got 5 years on his contract...
(edited 7 years ago)
Thought Lallana was excellent for England today - but Sturridge made the difference. His brain, and technique, is just so quick. When teams are sitting deep and set in, a player like Sturridge is crucial for forcing the issue.

I'm really not bothered about England, but I was chuffed to see Sturridge score. Fair play to him. Get him starting, Roy.
Original post by Mackay
Thought Lallana was excellent for England today - but Sturridge made the difference. His brain, and technique, is just so quick. When teams are sitting deep and set in, a player like Sturridge is crucial for forcing the issue.

I'm really not bothered about England, but I was chuffed to see Sturridge score. Fair play to him. Get him starting, Roy.

Lallana was brilliant in the first half and is definitely showing why he was picked.

Sturridge - as you say - injected new life in to the game and made the awakes defence sweat. He took a few of them away at a time and it opened up some good room for others. Great goal and very composed finish. If he isn't staring against Slovakia, I give up.

Allen was great as always - he's impressing me more and more with every game and I seriously want us to keep him. Such an intelligent player.
Anyone else see his nutmeg on Rooney? :wink:
Reply 8168
Why in the world would PSG want Coutinho anyway?
Original post by bammy jastard 27

Liverpool fans genuinely think he's good enough to play at Barca :rofl:
^legit nobody on this thread has ever said that

Go back to school swarley
I'll drive Mario to Turkey if it comes to it, lads. Don't worry. I'll take one for all of us.
Original post by Lúcio
^legit nobody on this thread has ever said that

Go back to school swarley

Original post by Lúcio
It's only a matter of time before Coutinho goes to Barca, but we'll get a bucketload for him - if he continues as he is you would imagine somewhere in the region of £40-50m.

strong c section
Original post by swirly
strong c section

That's talking about the future, not now

Strong username
Original post by bammy jastard 27

Ask PSG - we're just talking about what is being linked/reported in the papers.

Although this could be one reason why:

Original post by Lúcio
Reported for disturbing mental functioning...

Reported for anti-semitism...
theo walcott did it better
[video="youtube;QAo1WUHhxho"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAo1WUHhxho[/video]
Got to love the way Besiktas are trying their utmost not to sign Balotelli. Come on lads, you know you want him.
Registered on Auto Cup, in Main Stand Upper for League Cup games :smile:
Original post by A Mysterious Lord
Registered on Auto Cup, in Main Stand Upper for League Cup games :smile:

Same mate. But I'm in the Centenery! Hopefully I have a good view of the impressive new main stand.

Latest