The Student Room Group

Edexcel D1 - 17th June, 2016 [Exam discussion]

Scroll to see replies

Good luck to all.
Reply 541
Original post by Cpj16
thing is my exam is at 1.30 and I have a clash so I ll have to be awake until 5 but I think I can manage it..cause I did it today for biology.

If I pass out great.. I ll get my predicted grades which is an A* xD

Ouch! We start M2 at 11:30am, followed by an hour break from 1pm-2pm and then finish D1 at 3:30pm.

5pm is harsh :smile:
Reply 542
Original post by oinkk
Ouch! We start M2 at 11:30am, followed by an hour break from 1pm-2pm and then finish D1 at 3:30pm.

5pm is harsh :smile:

I lied we finish at 4.40

we get a 5 min break!!!
Reply 543
Original post by Cpj16
I lied we finish at 4.40

we get a 5 min break!!!

Seriously! We're supervised, but we get a full hour lunch (we have to bring it before the first exam, as we're not allowed to leave the room unless we need a toilet break). A 5 minute break really is harsh.
(edited 7 years ago)
how do you work out the number of comparisons and swaps in a bubble sort ?
Reply 545
Original post by oinkk
Seriously! We're supervised, but we get a full hour lunch (we have to bring it before the first exam, as we're not allowed to leave the room unless we need a toilet break). Now that really is harsh.

Omg I was having a rest break and I needed the toilet. So I thought the invilator was outside..but he had followed me in. Then he was giggling to himself when I turned around to see him
Gud luck.
I learnt route insoection yesterday.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NotNotBatman
1. Yes
2. It would be at 3.5, Gantt charts show elapsed time.
3.The activity after.

Sorry yeah the second one should be 3.5 because day 0 would actually be day 1. Cheers
Original post by lucabrasi98
I just want a long list of every definition we'd ever need to know. I get thrown off when I see questions like define a path. Or when it asks how we found the shortest route

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=79348&d=1262343874
Do we have to know flowcharts? I havent seen it come up in any past papers
Reply 550
Original post by aels747
Do we have to know flowcharts? I havent seen it come up in any past papers

Yeah. Last came up in Jan/June 13 I think. We're due one.
Reply 551
How I feel about this exam (which is a resist for me) M2>D1 any day (and I do not thoroughly enjoy mechanics to say the least)
Do you think someone will post a markscheme today?
How do you calculate the amount of swaps and comparisons during the first pass of bubble sort????
Original post by Vannzzoo
How do you calculate the amount of swaps and comparisons during the first pass of bubble sort????

Add every time you compare two numbers and add the total number of swaps. You should always have less swaps than comparisons.
Original post by skeptical_john
Add every time you compare two numbers and add the total number of swaps. You should always have less swaps than comparisons.

Thank you!!
Original post by JoelTheJaffaCake
The vertex of the R region that would give the minimum value for P is around there. It's not exactly -4, but remember the question specifies integers, so you round to -4. I think, btw, I'm not a teacher or anything.

I got the exact answer as -4.94 or something and I don't understand how sometimes you round down and other times you round up?? I end up writing both lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nathanbilli
Do you think someone will post a markscheme today?

If I have time I'll store my answers in my calculator; I did that for S1 and people seemed to agree with most of my answers. Hopefully the same happens again :smile:
Original post by Saywhatyoumean
I got the exact answer as -4.94 or something and I don't understand how sometimes you round down and other times you round up?? I end up writing both lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

You round down because it needs to be in the feasible region as well as being an integer - it depends on the question

Posted from TSR Mobile
The link for the Jan 16 IAL papers is here, thanks to whoever posted it:
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B23NLD5L6099eUg0YjVhNXZRblk&usp=sharing&tid=0B23NLD5L6099YjV3SzBabTE4NDQ
however, does anybody have a mark scheme for the d1 or m2 papers? Thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending