The Student Room Group

AQA Physics unit 2

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by B3ASTy
What did everyone tick for the battery question. I ticked the 1st one, no idea if it was right.

3rd one

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Monsor
You're meant to plus the voltage in a series circuit so you were meant to tick the third box, 9+3= 12V

Posted from TSR Mobile

The potential difference is shared according to my revision guide :colonhash:
Reply 42
Original post by B3ASTy
What did everyone tick for the battery question. I ticked the 1st one, no idea if it was right.

It was the one with positive and negative ends, third box i think
Original post by B3ASTy

I ticked the 3rd one. It was a pure guess
Original post by Brewah
It was the one with positive and negative ends, third box i think

Was going to tick that aswell :/
Original post by Monsor
You're meant to plus the voltage in a series circuit so you were meant to tick the third box, 9+3= 12V

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got that but all of my classmates subtracted
Was the answer before, as or after?
Reply 47
Original post by Monsor
The last question was 22 m/s^2

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's what I got the first time round but it explicitly said that it was the "upwards force" and not the resultant force...on the equation sheet it's F=ma where F is the resultant force, I doubted that they intended the "upwards force" and the "resultant force" to be the same thing. In the big scheme of things it seems somewhat insignificant but who knows!

Just a general point: for the battery question with the tick boxes you just needed to make sure that the cells were all facing clockwise (or anticlockwise I can't remember) so that the charges all flow one way.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 48
Original post by Anmol_.
The potential difference is shared according to my revision guide :colonhash:

Erm I know it's shared but you have to add them up m8...
This is the aqa additional science book..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 49
Everyone try and remember the questions (what they asked/said) and marks awarded so we can make an unofficial markscheme! :smile:
Original post by ajs12
Got 8.7A for one of them
For that last one I got 12m/s^2, fairly sure you had to take into account the 840N weighing the guy down and calculate the overall resultant force
Hard paper though :s-smilie:

Yes, I took away 840 from the bigger number because you needed the resultant force in the equation. Paper was fairly hard.
Original post by Brewah
Everyone try and remember the questions (what they asked/said) and marks awarded so we can make an unofficial markscheme! :smile:

1a) what was the main error with the oil experiment (1mark)
Was 84kg correct for one of them? Jet pack question I think
Reply 53
Original post by Cookies15
i got that
Original post by Cookies15

Yeah I got that to
Reply 55
The graph with the 2 curved lines was stressing me out i almost ran out of time because i was staring at it for ages
Reply 56
Original post by AlfBob
The graph with the 2 curved lines was stressing me out i almost ran out of time because i was staring at it for ages

That graph absolutely mind ****ed me
Did anyone get 52 N for the boy doing pull-ups question?
I got the 8.7A
52 Newton. I'm deffo wrong thou :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending