The Student Room Group

How much to get an A*

So for my English a level at AS I got 174/200 (I think UMS?), if I get near full marks for my coursework for A2 and a low A for the exam, would I still obtain the A*?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think generally for humanities subjects, you usually would have to get at least 90% in all A2 exams/coursework for that subject for an A* (Providing you achieved an A at AS)
I've heard you need to get over 80% over all (as and a2) and 90% or over at A2.
Reply 3
Original post by Redmonds
I think generally for humanities subjects, you usually would have to get at least 90% in all A2 exams/coursework for that subject for an A* (Providing you achieved an A at AS)

****. I had my exam today and at best I got a Low A/ High B

I got 90% in my coursework but urgh the exam screwed me over.

My teachers are going to be disappointed :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by grassntai

Posted from TSR Mobile

An A is fantastic! A levels are very difficult, that extra star on the end of the grade only really matters if you are going to Oxbridge or a similar elite university.
Reply 5
Original post by Redmonds
An A is fantastic! A levels are very difficult, that extra star on the end of the grade only really matters if you are going to Oxbridge or a similar elite university.

Yeah i guess so haha. The world is a competitive place though, an A* at A level would've been nice. Oh well.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

The exact same thing happened to me. My teacher predicted an A* I had an A in all my other units but I messed up the exam and I'll be lucky to get a B/C. I'm most upset because my teacher is going to be disappointed in me :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Chances are you're going to get an A, if you're lucky an A*.

There's no requirement to get 80%+ at AS, just 80% overall for an A. And if you get 90%+ in total from your A2 components then you get an A* on top.
So for my English a level at AS I got 174/200 (I think UMS?), if I get near full marks for my coursework for A2 and a low A for the exam, would I still obtain the A*?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I just saw the title and immediately was like I'd pay a lot of money for that

Quick Reply

Latest