The Student Room Group

Aqa accounting unit 3 and 4 June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kkangh
I may go straight to clearing lol
Hoping the garde boundary for this year to be lower

yeah better be like wth was accn3 all about. WHYYY AQA ? Why are you torturing us like this, we are just innocent people trying to flipping get our lives sorted out and then this happens:angry: :frown: :frown: :frown:
What did people get for their Net Cash Flow on task 4, for the machine. as i think i did it wrong.
Thank you aqa. This was the best exam ever in accouting ACCN4. No budget :smile:). The manufacturing was easy, the variances were a gift from heaven, the actual/budgeted profit were easy, the capital investment appraisal was nice, and the social accouting was as expected with lots to write about. Thanks for securing my A or A* aqa it means a lot.
For some reason my variances for usage and efficiency were huge and wrong but no clue why
I just used the 320,000 profit, I originally used the 4 million but that seemed way too big to ever pay off
Original post by Bigbluehouse
I didn't understand how to work out the cash inflow for the payback and net present value
Original post by nadskjlfh
What did people get for their Net Cash Flow on task 4, for the machine. as i think i did it wrong.

102750 if they didn't pay the principal loan amount in cash, put 2 figures down one for if they did one for if they didn't.
Original post by Iscodisco
Thank you aqa. This was the best exam ever in accouting ACCN4. No budget :smile:). The manufacturing was easy, the variances were a gift from heaven, the actual/budgeted profit were easy, the capital investment appraisal was nice, and the social accouting was as expected with lots to write about. Thanks for securing my A or A* aqa it means a lot.

:/ what exam did u do mate?:h:
Original post by Middriver
102750 if they didn't pay the principal loan amount in cash, put 2 figures down one for if they did one for if they didn't.

I used the 4 Million.
You know question 3,the variances.
When you work out the budgeted profit and you add the favourable figures and minus the adverse, it gives you the actual profit. That profit should be the same as the actual profit worked out for 3b right?
Original post by nadskjlfh
I used the 4 Million.

4million for net cash savings?
Original post by jenny01
When you work out the budgeted profit and you add the favourable figures and minus the adverse, it gives you the actual profit. That profit should be the same as the actual profit worked out for 3b right?

Yes. Did you do anything with the average inventory held and the 12000m of wood held to your profit?
Original post by jenny01

Yeah i think so but there was that additional sales variance so not sure now :/
4million for net cash savings?

No i used it for the revenue in the net cash flow so i had a really large net cash flow. And then for my savings i got around £255000
Original post by Student1408
Yeah i think so but there was that additional sales variance so not sure now :/

It balanced with the sales variance.
It balanced with the sales variance.

oh right okay, well mines didn't. Did yours?
oh right okay, well mines didn't. Did yours?

Yeah all balanced up, but I messed around with the average inventory held and the 12000m of wood held, but since you'd be applying it to both didn't make a difference.
Yeah all balanced up, but I messed around with the average inventory held and the 12000m of wood held, but since you'd be applying it to both didn't make a difference.

oh right okay, thanks. hope i still get descent amount of marks on that one.
oh right okay, thanks. hope i still get descent amount of marks on that one.

Shouldn't do wasn't a lot of marks.Did your NPV go negative on the final year? Can you remember your transfer price/cost of production.
Shouldn't do wasn't a lot of marks.Did your NPV go negative on the final year? Can you remember your transfer price/cost of production.

Tbh i cant really remember much now. I don't think i got a negative NPV though and i cant remember the transfer price. For the balance sheet for unrealised profit, did you work out unrealised profit for 2016 and then minus that from Inventories of finished goods?
Actually I didn't do anything with the average inventory, all I knew that mine balanced lol, will it balance even if I didn't include it?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending